Global Health Corps
Great ideas don’t change the world. Great PEOPLE do.
PAID JOBS FOR YOUTH: GHC FELLOWSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
Rwandan citizens are eligible to apply for positions in Rwanda and in the United States.
WHAT IS THE GLOBAL HEALTH CORPS FELLOWSHIP?
Global Health Corps is a community of emerging leaders who believe that great ideas don’t change the world, great PEOPLE do! We provide opportunities for talented young professionals from diverse sectors and backgrounds to work in leading health-focused organizations in year-long, paid fellowship positions. The fellowship begins in July 2017 and extends through August 2018.Positions are available in nonprofit, government and private sector organizations inMalawi, Rwanda, Uganda, Zambia, and the US (Boston, DC, Newark, New York). Fellows engage in training, professional development and thoughtful community-building, and continue to draw upon their fellowship experience and the GHC alumni network as they build careers of lasting impact.
Applicants apply to a specific position within a specific organization and in a specific country. Fellows are selected based on their ability to fit that job description, and their fit with the GHC leadership practices.To learn more about the GHC leadership practices, visit:http://ghcorps.org/apply/
Fellows are placed in organizations in pairs– one international fellow and one local fellow from the placement country– creating a fellowship team that is a central part of the fellowship experience.
WHAT BENEFITS DO FELLOWS RECEIVE?
- Monthly living stipend ($650)
- Utilities stipend
- Health insurance
- A professional development grant of $600
- A completion award of $1500
- An advising program that pairs each fellow with anadvisor in his/her area of work or interest
- A two-week Training Institute at Yale University in the United States to begin the fellowship
- A five-day End-of-Year retreat in East Africa to finish the fellowship
- Three multi-day trainings during the year
- Travel to and from placement site, all trainings, and retreats
- Professional development and personal support from a dedicated in-country program manager
- Personal development and accompaniment program led by Still Harbor
WHAT ARE THE JOB POSITIONS AVAILABLE IN RWANDA?
EXAMPLES OF JOB POSITIONS AVAILABLE IN USA?
- US02-Int: Community Healthand Performance Management Fellow, Boston Public Health Commission, Massachusetts, United States
- US03-Int: Communications and Development Coordinator,Boys & Girls Club of Newark, New Jersey, United States
- US15-Int: Social Protection and Health Fellow, Inter-American Development Bank, Washington D.C., United States
- And much more…
For a full job list check on GHC fellowship job positions
WHAT ARE THE QUALIFICATIONS OF A FELLOW?
- At least an undergraduate degree
- Not beyond 30 years old
- Proficiency in English
IS A BACKGROUND IN GLOBAL HEALTH OR DEVELOPMENT REQUIRED?
Not at all! GHC is building a community of leaders with diverse skillsets and backgrounds. Experience in global health or development is NOT required.
WHAT DO GHC ALUMNI DO AFTER THE FELLOWSHIP?
- 90% work in global health or social justice
- 83% are in mid-level or senior leadership roles
- 85% of African alumni continue to work on the African continent
- 33% got their current job through the GHC community.
WHAT HAVE FELLOWS SAID ABOUT THEIR GHC EXPERIENCE?
“I have seen the value of how being on the right context, with the right tools and with like-minded individuals has widened my ability to understand and begin to address some of the world’s most pressing social challenges”. – Marcella Laverde, 2014-2015 fellow.
“The GHC Fellowship was an awesome transformative experience and an enormous determinant in both the direction and quality of my career”. – DezioMacheso, 2011-2012 fellow.
“Through GHC, I realized that we all can have an impact and reach our goals if we seize eachand every occasion with passion and humility. GHC played a crucial role in my career.”- Soline Mugeni, 2009-2010 fellow
HOW DO I APPLY?
To apply go to: http://ghcorps.org/apply/
Applications close:January 18, 2017
FOR MORE QUESTIONS
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 0785988771 / 0788717228 / 0788845430