Job at AIMS : Program Management Support Officer (TTP) (Deadline: 02 February 2018)
We’re transforming Africa through innovative scientific training, technical advances and breakthrough discoveries!
The African Institute for Mathematical Sciences (AIMS, www.nexteinstein.org) is a pan-African network of centres of excellence for postgraduate training, research and outreach in mathematical sciences. Its mission is to enable Africa’s brightest students to flourish as independent thinkers, problem solvers and innovators capable of propelling Africa’s future scientific, educational and economic self-sufficiency. The first AIMS centre opened in Cape Town, South Africa in 2003; since 2011, AIMS has opened additional centres in Senegal, Ghana, Cameroon, Tanzania and Rwanda. The goal of the AIMS Next Einstein Initiative (AIMS-NEI) is to build a pan-African network of 15 centres of excellence across the continent by 2023.
Each AIMS Centre provides an intensive and broad education to over 50 African students each year and prepares them for leadership careers in academia, government and industry. The AIMS educational program relies on top international lecturers who teach in a 24-hour learning environment.
If you bring a collaborative spirit with a passion to effect change, consider this opportunity as the…
Program Management Support Officer (TTP), Rwanda
The Teacher Training Program (TTP) Rwanda is a five-year blended (face-to-face and online) training program seeking to enhance the capacity of secondary school teachers (in-service and pre-service) in the teaching of mathematics, biology, chemistry and physics with the use of information technologies as a key component in teaching and learning. In partnership with the Government of Rwanda, the Rwanda education board (REB) and the University of Rwanda college of education (UR-CE), the program will equip teachers with skills, tools and resources to implement the competency based curriculum (CBC) using the Mathematics and Sciences for Sub-Saharan Africa (MS4SSA) approach adopted from the World Bank.
As the Program Management Support Officer, and working closely with the Director TTP, you will be the point of contact for all events in support of the TTP program, planning and organizing logistics, organizing and maintaining program files, providing guidance on program interpretations and technical assistance on regulations, policies and procedures to program staff and other partners as needed. Collaborating closely with the Finance Officer and other members of the TTP Rwanda team, you will oversee the procurement and management of program assets and inventory, contribute to the development of relevant reports, and establish the appropriate systems to ensure the team is effectively and consistently performing administrative requirements to be adequately prepared for audit exercises and to meet with program timelines. Additionally, you will be relied on to keep an inventory of programs contracts and transaction documentation.
This is a full-time opportunity based in Kigali with limited travel within Rwanda.
Do you have what we need?
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Social Sciences, Education or in a related field.A Master’s degree is an asset
- Professional qualifications in accounting will have an added advantage
- At least 3 – 5 years of relevant work experience in program management and administration support
- Knowledge and experience of regulatory requirements for institutional funders
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office with particular strength in the use of Excel spreadsheet, working knowledge of computerized accounting system such as Sage, and ACCPAC etc. will be an added advantage
- Experience working in an NGO is an added advantage
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with an ability to build and manage a variety of internal and external relationships, including dealings with donors
- Self-directed with excellent organizational skills, attention to details and an ability to meet deadlines
- Proficiency with MS Office, Google Apps and Skype
- A good command of English is required.Knowledge of Kinyarwanda and French is an asset
- Ability to tolerate working hours outside the normal work schedule
Are you ready to be a part of the transformation?
Submit your letter of motivation, including salary expectations together with a detailed CV in English to: firstname.lastname@example.org (i.e. quote “Program Management Support Officer TTP RWA” in the subject line). Applications will be accepted until February 2, 2018.
Should no feedback be received from AIMS-NEI within four weeks of your submission, kindly accept that your application will not be further pursued. AIMS-NEI reserves the right not to make an appointment at its sole discretion.
AIMS-NEI is an equal opportunity employer.