Job at Benyan Global : Business Development Support Director (Deadline: 08 August 2017)
Banyan Global, an international development consulting firm with extensive experience managing successful economic development projects on the African continent and around the world, is recruiting a Business Development Support Director for an anticipated USAID-funded economic strengthening project in Rwanda. The project aims to facilitate the emergence of a dynamic off-farm sector that can generate greater employment at a higher wage for Rwandans currently engaged in subsistence agriculture and other low income economic activities.
- Provide overall management and leadership in providing technical assistance to business development services (BDS) providers, banks, and other organizations working with small and medium enterprises.
- Lead the identification and cultivation of effective BDS providers, including traditional and non-traditional entities that are positioned to support emerging enterprises.
- Assist BDS providers with the development of programs and policies for supporting emerging enterprises, including training, coaching, and other forms of assistance.
- Develop and implement effective approaches to BDS staff training and capacity building.
- Participate in project work planning, performance management, and strategic communications.
- Participate in monitoring and evaluation as it relates to business development support, ensuring that all targets are met.
- Advanced degree in business administration, finance, economics, or other relevant field
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in business consulting, enterprise development, economic growth, banking and finance, or other related discipline
- Knowledge and understanding of the business needs of small and medium-sized businesses in Rwanda
- Familiarity with constraints and opportunities related to rural enterprises and livelihoods
- Excellent project management, communication, writing and computer skills
- Ability to negotiate, manage and build partnerships
- Knowledge and experience with the policy and regulatory environment as relates to small and medium-sized businesses in Rwanda
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Previous experience working on USAID projects is a plus
- Fluency in written and spoken English required
Banyan Global is an equal opportunity employer. Please apply to the position through our website, http://www.banyanglobal.com/careers.php, and include a cover letter and résumé in your submission. Please no phone calls.