Job at East African Community : EAC Integrated Health Programme – Monitoring and Evaluation Officer (Deadline: 21 July 2017)
EAC Integrated Health Programme – Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
The East African Community is a regional intergovernmental organization comprising the Republic of Burundi, the Republic of Kenya, the Republic of Rwanda, the Republic of South Sudan, the United Republic of Tanzania, and the Republic of Uganda with its Headquarters in Arusha, Tanzania.
The EAC mission is to widen and deepen economic, political, social and cultural integration to improve the quality of life of the people of East Africa through increased competitiveness, value added production, trade and investments.
This is an exciting opportunity for highly motivated and result-driven professionals who are citizens of East African Community Partner States of Burundi and Rwanda to apply for the following position tenable at East African Community-Secretariat
To oversee implementation of monitoring, evaluation and learning activities under the EIHP and build the capacity for health sector monitoring and evaluation at the EAC Secretariat.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership in the development of Annual Work Plans (AWP) in line with the Programme milestones while demonstrating clear linkages between resources, activities, outputs and outcomes.
- Lead in the implementation of Programme monitoring, evaluation and knowledge management activities thereby ensuring early identification of challenges, propose corrective actions and track follow-up actions.
- Develop monitoring and evaluation frameworks and costed M&E plans for new complementary initiatives ensuring effective incorporation of the following central themes of the “value for money” model – economy, effectiveness, efficiency, capacity alignments and evidence.
- Develop monitoring and evaluation systems, tools and indicators to support documentation and analysis of data, sharing of lessons and good practices and facilitate their institutionalization at regional and national levels.
- Build capacity of the Programme Staff in monitoring and evaluation thereby ensuring effective monitoring, evaluation and reporting at all levels.
- Establish and regularly update relevant database such as data based on good practices, innovations and experts and ensure they are fully operational and utilized.
- Coordinate the documentation of best practices regionally and effectively share relevant and pertinent programme interventions with all technical working groups under the health department.
- Support convening of Technical Exchange among Partner States based on adequately defined issues and concepts.
- Facilitate and undertake field monitoring programmes of regional projects and programme sites, for actual verification of the level of implementation of EAC’s Development and Corporate strategies;
- Coordinate the preparation, submission and dissemination of annual, quarterly and special Programme reports.
- Participate in preparing of various written outputs, e.g. draft background papers, analysis, sections of reports and studies, inputs to publications, etc.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Management from time to time.
Qualifications and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in Public Health, development studies, business administration, management, economics, social health and natural sciences, public health, or a related field. The Masters degree in the above fields is an added advantage.
A minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible professional experience, and practical experience in the design, planning, implementation and monitoring and evaluation of health programmes. Experience in working with regional or international organizations is an added advantage.
Skills and Competencies:
Must be creative, innovative and a team player, be able to coach, mentor and motivate staff, manage diversity, conflict and change; excellent management and organizational skills, ability to handle multiple tasks without compromising quality; excellent proposal drafting and report writing skill proven public health technical and analytical capabilities and research skills, effectively communicates, have Strategic perspective, presentation, conceptual, analytical, Planning, Negotiation, Networking, Judgment and ability to work under minimal supervision. S/he must be Computer literate.
Considering the directive of 35th Meeting of the Council of Ministers, only Applicants from the Republic of Burundi and Republic of Rwanda are eligible to apply for the Positions of EAC Integrated Health Programme – Monitoring and Evaluation Officer and EAC Integrated Health Programme – Linkages and Partnerships Officer.
Terms and Conditions of Service:
This is a non-established position supported by donor funds whose contract terms and conditions are limited to the availability of funding.
The EAC is an equal opportunity employer; therefore, female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply. EAC will only respond to those candidates who strictly meet the set requirements.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates who meet the qualification and experience requirements for the above mentioned positions are advised to send their applications, detailed curriculum vitae, photocopies of academic certificates, names and contact details of three referees, and copy of National Identity Card, or Birth Certificate or Passport showing date of birth. Please quote the respective reference number on both the application letter and envelope. For electronic submission, please quote the respective reference number on the subject of the email and send to the address given below.
Applications should be submitted to the address below not later than Friday, 21 July 2017.
- You may submit your application either electronically or in hard copy but not both.
- Applications which do not: indicate nationality and age; the reference number; or have an application letter attached; have certified copies of their academic degrees and other professional Certificates; or fail to provide three referees will be disqualified.
- Only qualified candidates will be contacted
- EAC Staff Rules and Regulations preclude considerations of applicants above 55 years of age.
Please note that EAC does not require candidates to pay money for the recruitment process. All invitations for interviews will be done in writing
Friday, 21 July 2017 – 5:00pm