Job at FHI 360: Deputy chief of Party, Rwanda Service Delivery activity (Deadline: 31 May 2017)
About FHI 360:
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Deputy Chief of Party-Technical
FHI 360 is seeking applications for a Deputy Chief of Party-Technical(DCOP-T) for an anticipatedproject in Rwanda, focused onimproving reproductive, maternal, newborn, and child health services and malaria control and prevention activities. The DCOP-T will be responsible for technical leadership of the program to ensure quality, timeliness, and efficiency of all products and activities generated. The DCOP-T will manage the design and implementation of key components of the program description and ensure adherence to global standard of excellence in health service delivery programming. The position will be based in Kigali and will report to the Chief of Party. Recruitment is contingent upon successful award of the project and the selection of the final applicant is subject to USAID approval.
The Deputy Chief of Party-Technical will have the following responsibilities:
- Cooperate closely with the Chief of Party (COP) on all technical matters.
- Lead the response to the specified deliverables, goals of grant agreements, ensuring achievements in a timely manner and in full support and compliance with FHI 360 and USAID grant requirements.
- Coordinate the development and implementation of the project technical strategies, adapting global and regional technical resources and tools as needed for the Rwandan context.
- Oversee a team of technical staff for the project and ensure clear roles and responsibilities and lines of communication are maintained amongst the team members.
- Oversee technical outputs of all partner organizations through regular field visits and facilitate work planning and regular technical meetings for all consortium partners.
- Identify technical assistance needs and training resources among project staff, partners, government counterparts and beneficiaries and coordinate technical assistance provision.
- Promote sustainability of project activities with effective networking, coordination and linkages to other programs, partners and counterparts, capacity building of project staff, and institutional strengthening of implementing partners and community-based organizations.
- Represent the project in technical meetings, conferences, and coordination platforms
- Serve as the primary program representative in the absence/temporary leave of the COP.
- Master’s Degree or higher inpublic health, health communication, social sciences, or a closely related field is required; a medical doctor is strongly preferred.
- 5+ or more years of progressively more responsible technical supervisory work experience that involved direct leadership of professional and support staff, and oversight and evaluation of staff performance and deliverables.
- Knowledge and experience working within the health sector; experience working in Rwanda preferred.
- Demonstrated track record of working in teams and fostering partnerships.
- Experience with a USG cooperative agreement preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to create and maintain effective working relations with host country government personnel, stakeholders, NGO partners, and international donor agencies.
- Strong interpersonal, writing and oral presentation skills in English; French fluency desired.
- Ability to work independently and manage a high volume work flow.
- Relevant computer software skills, including at a minimum, MS Office, etc.
FHI 360 offers a competitive compensation package and is an equal opportunity employer. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply online at https://jobs-fhi360.icims.com as soon as possible and no later than May 31, 2017.Please quote Requisition ID18593 in the subject line. Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Kigali May 11, 2017
Eustochie Sezibera Agasaro
Project Director, Rwanda MCOP Project