Finance and Operations Manager
Job ID 18494
# Of Openings Remaining 1
Job Locations Rwanda-Kigali
More information about this job:
About FHI 360:
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Finance and Operations Manager
FHI 360 seeks a Finance and Operations Manager for a USAID/Rwanda Activity that seeks to increase off-farm employment opportunities through enhanced access to finance, increased private investment, expanded reach of entrepreneurship support organizations, increased capacity of firms to attract and use finance, and deepened finance sector capacity to assess risk and increase return.
The Director of Finance will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of financial management, including financial systems implementation, budgeting, expenditure tracking, and financial reporting and accounting. The Director of Finance will establish and maintain sound financial management practices, and ensure the project’s compliance with FHI 360 and USAID procedures, rules and regulations. Responsibilities include budget development and monitoring, prime award monitoring and compliance, sub award management, procurement, and logistics.
Recruitment is contingent upon successful award of the project and the selection of final applicant is subject to USAID approval.
Job Summary / Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership to financial aspects of the project, including general administrative processes, financial management, sub award management, accounting, and logistics;
- Establish and maintain sound and transparent accounting and fiscal control procedures for financial, sub award and operations aspects of project;
- Ensure compliance of financial and operations systems with FHI 360 policies and procedures, USAID rules and regulation, award requirements, and Government of Burundi laws;
- Develop, analyse and monitor program budgets; monitor and track obligations and expenditures against budgets;
- Manage project procurement processes;
- Advise senior leadership regularly on matters related to finance;
- Provide technical assistance, as needed, to local partners on financial compliance and reporting;
- Prepare and submit annual and quarterly financial and accrual reports to USAID;
- Contribute to the development of high-quality work plans, quarterly and annual reports, financial reports, and any other reports required by USAID;
- Liaise with internal and external auditors in the review of project financial management;
- Supervise other project-based administrative, finance, procurement, administrative and contract & grants staff.
- Bachelor’s Degree Required, Master’s Degree or higher preferred in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field is required; or a Bachelor’s or certifies accounting degree with 5 years’ experience;
- At least seven years of relevant experience in administrative and financial management, including overseeing the finance and operations of equally large and complex projects;
- Familiarity with USG rules and regulations is required;
- Knowledge in generally-accepted accounting, budgeting and fiscal control principles;
- Demonstrated experience and skills in developing and managing large budgets;
- Relevant skills in automated accounting software systems and database spreadsheets;
- Experience building capacity in financial management of community-based organizations and implementing partners;
- Demonstrated ability to create and maintain effective working relations with NGO partners, community-based organizations and international donor agencies;
- Demonstrated leadership qualities, depth and breadth of financial management expertise
- Strong interpersonal, writing and oral presentation skills in English;
- Ability to work independently and manage a high volume work flow;
- Relevant computer software skills and familiarity with accounting software (including, at a minimum, the standard applications in MS Office).
- Excellent interpersonal skills and experience establishing and maintaining good relationships with a wide variety of professionals and organizations.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
We offer competitive compensation and an outstanding benefit package.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
How To Apply