Job at Flemish Association for Development Cooperation and Technical Assistance (VVOB) : Human Resource Manager (Deadline: 01 December 2017)
The Flemish Association for Development Cooperation and Technical Assistance (VVOB) in Rwanda is recruiting an
in the programmes
“Umusemburo w’Ireme ry’Uburezi – Leading, Teaching and Learning Together” (2017-2021)
VVOB, The Flemish Association for Development Cooperation and Technical Assistance (VVOB) is a Belgian non-profit organisation that focuses on improving the quality of education.
In cooperation with Rwanda Education Board (REB), the University of Rwanda – College of Education (URCE) and affiliated Teacher Training Colleges (TTC), VVOB started in 2017 with a new multi-year programme on Leading, Teaching and Learning Together (2017-2021). The cooperation programme aims to improve the quality of primary education through improvement of the professional development of school leaders and induction of new teachers. VVOB is currently expanding this programme in Secondary Education.
At the same time, VVOB explores other opportunities for strengthening their support to the Rwandan Government.
In this context, VVOB is currently looking for an HR Manager to plan, implement and monitor all HR operations in the country, ensuring the VVOB country programmes attract and retain high quality, high performing, highly motivated and well supported personnel. The HR Manager has delegated responsibility over all matters related to technical HR advice of VVOB’s country programmes. (S)he reports directly to the Programme Manager (PM).
The HR Manager acts as a Leader and role model, Technical expert and quality caretaker. S/he is proactive, takes actions and initiatives whenever necessary to ensure that VVOB country programmes attract and retain high quality, high performing, highly motivated and well supported personnel.
More specifically, (S)he:
- Advises and supports management staff and employees on all HR related matters, in order to attract and retain high performing and motivated personnel.
- Provides authoritative advice/guidance in developing, implementing and monitoring local VVOB HR policies, procedures and practices.
The HR Manager performs any other duties assigned by the Programme Manager in line with the position holder’s capacities. Up to 20% of the role’s time is dedicated to supporting a wider set of operational responsibilities that would contribute to ensuring enhanced efficiency and processes as well as overall development and execution of finance, administrative and other policies.
Knowledge and experience:
- Master degree in HR management, Business Administration or related field;
- 5+ years’ experience as an HR generalist, including recruitment, performance management, compensation, training and development and HR Administration;
- Strategic leadership experience managing an HR function for large budget programs in the INGO sector is strongly preferred;
- Proven sense of professional discretion, integrity, and ability to manage situations diplomatically and to effective resolution;
- Excellent management, interpersonal and negotiation skills and a demonstrated ability to promote harmonious/cohesive teamwork, in a cross cultural context;
- Strong proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is required.
Nationality: Rwandan Citizen
- Fluent in English, with excellent writing and editing skills;
- Fluent in Kinyarwanda;
- Fluent in French (additional asset).
- VVOB core competences:
- Result orientation
- Continuous improvement
- Competencies for TA & management staff:
- Communication skills: listening, speaking & writing
- 360° empathy
- Problem analysis & judgement
- Coaching & guiding
- Strategic networking & partnership building
- VVOB core competences:
Location: Kigali, Rwanda
Start date: as soon as possible
- A dynamic working environment in an international context;
- An exciting job with varied responsibilities;
- Professional development opportunities;
- A competitive salary and benefits package.
Submit a motivation letter and your C.V. by Friday 1 December 2017 to Mrs. Jeanne d’Arc Usanase Jeanne.Usanase@vvob.be
For more info you can contact Mrs. Jeanne d’Arc Usanase Jeanne.Usanase@vvob.be