Job at Ministry of ICT : Senior Technologist Public sector digitization (Deadline: 30 December 2017)
– Government Services in Rwanda
• Coordinate Rwanda
– online project implementation;
• Help different sectors to digitize their respective services.
2. Increase citizen participation
• Support stakeholder institutions to establish community service access points;
• Guarantee implementation of community awareness activities of Irembo services.
3. Update Online Service Index
• Establish a ranking metric for institutional online service index.
4. Put in place Data and e
– Government policies and strategies
• Coordinate the development of policies/strategies related to data revolution and governance cluster;
• Ensure implementation of the data revolution with key projects like open data portal and big data analytics framework.
5. Oversee the development of Enterprise Architecture
• Supervise establishment of enterprise architecture blue print;
• Support establishment of enterprise service bus for all institutions with backend systems.
6. Act as account manager of E
– Governance and Data Revolution Key stakeholders
• Push key sectors highlighted in the Smart Rwanda Master Plan comply with the digital transformation area recommendations.
7. Manage Partnerships related to e
– Government and Data revolution
• Coordinate Organization of events related to e
– Government and Data revolution and keep a strong engagement of all partners;
• Keep inventory of e
– Government partners to be involved in general ICT events, planning etc;
• Foster strong partnership with different organizations and stakeholders in Data revolution and e
8. Report and provide Statistics of ICT sector service digitization
• Keep track of ICT sector service digitization statistics like number of manual services, number of online services, global e
– Gov ranking etc;
• Chair meetings that are related to e
– Government and Data revolution.
9. Coordinate development of Regulations (Standards, instructions, guidelines, orders) related to e
– Government and data revolution
• Promote sector compliance to smart Rwanda Master Plan, Cyber security Policy, E
– Government Policy etc;
• Ensure that regulations, standards, guidelines, order related to e
– Government and Data revolution are updated.
10. Monitor and Evaluate e
– government and data revolution activities/projects (with regards to the ICT SSP of the EDPRS)
• Support planning and M&E related activities of e
– Government and data revolution in particular;
• Design and initiate projects for the sectors which are aligned with national strategic plans like EDPRS, ICT SSPT etc.
A0 in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information and Communication Technology,Information Management System, Electronics, Software Engineering, Telecommunication Engineering, with 3 years of working experience, Knowledge in A+, N+ and CCNA is an advantage; Or Master’s Degree or Equivalent in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information and Communication Technology, Information Management System, Electronics, Software Engineering, Telecommunication Engineering, with 1 year of working experience, Knowledge in A+, N+ and CCNA is an advantage;
Key Technical Skills & Knowledge required:
– Knowledge of Research and development ICT policies and strategies;
– Highly proficient with Microsoft Windows operating systems
– Proficient in Microsoft Office products
– Proficient in basic networking protocols and standards
– Knowledge of AD, Exchange, VPN, routers, and wireless internet access;
– Planning and Coordination skills;
– Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming;
– Interpersonal Skills;
– Communication skills
– Negotiation Skills;
– solving skills;
– Analytical skills a
– Fluent in Kinyarwanda, English and/ or French; knowledge of all is an advantage.