Job at One Acre Fund: IT Operations Senior Specialist (Deadline: Not specified )
Working with the ITO Dept will ensure that Tubura can operate effectively and continue to grow. To succeed you must communicate with weekly updates and reports.
Roles and Responsibilities
- The IT Senior Specialist is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure.
- He/she will lead/assist project teams (both in Rwanda, and coordination with Global ITO projects) with technical issues in the Initiation and Planning phases of our standard Project Management Methodology.
- He/she is accountable for the network structure and the systems in place: Linux, Windows and Citrix Xenserver platforms.
- Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary
- In the technical spectrum, this function mainly develops and maintains installation and configuration procedures. Additionally it contributes to maintain system standards.
- Interface with the Rwanda and Global managers for ITO. This function plays a liaison role between the ITO support team and the upper level managers.
- Continuous report and manage the projects progresses according to the outlined plans and goals.
- Overview and assist the hardware technical support – Laptops and Roster systems.
- Monitor and manage the network devices and configuration – AP’s, Wifi routers
- Keep track of problems and repairs – log all tasks performed and provide this for check-ins
- Lead the quarterly general maintenance on OAF laptops.
- IT documentation for Tubura IT and Tubura users
- Overseeing the inventory list of OAF IT equipment – Laptops, and routers
- Transition into managing Support staff – Daily operations, and weekly check- ins – This transition will take place between 60-90 days after starting.
CAREER GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT
One Acre Fund invests heavily in building management and leadership skills. Your manager will invest significant time in your career development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentor ship and through regular management consulting-style career reviews. We also have regular one-on-one meetings, where we listen to and discuss career goals, and work collaboratively to craft roles that each person can be passionate about. Finance & Operations Specialists will have access to regular and ongoing professional development opportunities aimed at building the soft and hard skills required for quick rapid professional growth. Because of our rapid growth, we constantly have new roles opening up and opportunities in many functions. This results in fast career growth for our staff.
We are seeking an exceptional professional with at least 6+ years of relevant technical experience.Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Bachelor (4-year) degree, with a technical major, such as engineering or computer science.
- Certification on system/network administration well renowned (Cisco, Microsoft SA, Linux LPI, Vmware, etc).
- Four to six years with system administration experience. Complexity and problem solving abilities.
- Ability to self-manage schedules and priorities – related to projects, and daily operations
- Good communications and interpersonal skills. Fluency in English is a must. Experience as a technical guider or consultant is an asset.
Responsibilities sometimes require working evenings and weekends in urgent incidents. This position requires the staff to be settled at Rubengera (Karongi). This comprehends a full time job (from 8:00 to 17:00) all days of the week. Travels to districts and other locations are required sometimes. These are all expensed by the organization.
Preferred Start Date
Starts modest. However, this is a career-track role with raises for performance.
Minimum two year commitment, full-time job.
Housing, transportation, and airtime allowance.
Note: We will not be able to sponsor a visa for this position.