Job at Rwanda Governance Board (RGB): Enumerators (Deadline: 12 October 2017)
Rwanda Governance Board
TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR A POOL OF ENUMERATORS
Rwanda Governance Board (RGB) was set up by the Government of Rwanda through the law No 56/2016 of 16/12/2016, as a high level national and independent institution, and is the mandated among others to promote good governance principles, monitor governance practices, conduct applied research and provide policy related proposals and advice to the Government for achieving good service delivery, accountability, sustainable development and prosperity for all.
RGB has the vision of becoming a centre of Excellence in Governance Policy and Research, application of innovations and provision of highest quality services geared towards fostering Accountable Governance, Democracy and Decentralization for national sustainable development.
In this regard, RGB conducts regular evidence-based policy research and surveys on issues pertaining to good governance and disseminate findings which aim at achieving good service delivery, sustainable development and prosperity.
Based on the aforementioned functions, RGB intends to recruit and create a database of qualified and experienced enumerators to participate in different surveys conducted by RGB upon necessity.
2. Purpose of the terms of reference:
To create a pool of enumerators eligible to participate in different surveys carried out by RGB any time called.
3. Objective of the assignment
The objective of this assignment is based on needs, to conduct household surveys by gathering the information required: ensuring that the information is accurately collected and uploaded to the database.
Successful candidates will be included in the database of enumerators and will be called when need arises
4. Required Skills and Competences
Enumerators are expected to have the following qualifications, skills and / or competences.
- Holding at least a bachelors’ degree
- Past experience with data collection related to governance is preferred
- Prior experience conducting field research, including conducting interviews is preferred
- Prior experience conducting quantitative household surveys is preferred
- Prior experience with electronic data collection is a plus
- Strong numeracy skills
- Strong computer/IT skills (familiarity with tablets. smart phones etc)
- Strong work ethics
- Proven ability to work independently
- Ability to work and reside in any location of the country
- Fluency in Kinyarwanda is mandatory, excellence-communication in English and French is desired
- Quick learner capacity
- Effective team-player
- Show honesty and integrity, Confidentiality, Neutrality and Professionalism
5. Roles and Responsibilities
Roles and Responsibilities depend on the type of study and include, but are not limited to, the
- Travel to different locations to conduct field preparation, contacting local authorities and identifying potential research participants
- Document issues that arise during fieldwork and communicate them to the team leader
- Conduct house to house survey in required locations and required time
- Transmit data collected on a daily basis
- Assist in any other tasks related to the delivery of the project at hand
- Ensure that the data collected is of a high quality and accurately reflects the responses received
- Upload the data into the online database, rapidly and without errors
All interested and qualified candidates are invited to fill an application form available on www.psc.rw with detailed Curriculum Vitae including Names of three referees, a copy of degrees and of certificates and send in PDF format to email@example.com with the subject: APPLICATION FOR ENUMERATOR, not later than 12th October 2017 at 5:00 pm.
- Only online applications are accepted
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.