Job at WORKFORCE DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY.:INTERNSHIP PROGRAM SPECIALIST:(Deadline 16 January 2018).
• Carry out selection of interns based on priority economic sectors as indicated in WDA call and required numbers
• Identify and negotiate with companies / industries to host interns
• Preparation of MoU with companies/industries on internship for signature.
• Place interns in companies/industries
• Monitor internship program and report WDA on monthly basis
• Maintain database of the interns
• Provide financial support to interns as per agreement with WDA
• Observe gender balance and give a particular attention to persons with disabilities while training.
• Conduct awareness of the SDF internship facilitation in collaboration with relevant stakeholders
• Call for proposal, evaluate them and give feedback to applicants
• Provide financial support to selected TVET institutions for internship program implementation
• Coordinate, monitor and evaluate internship program implementation
• Technical expertise within training and education
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by direct supervisor
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, with 7 years of working experience or Master’s degree in Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, with 5 years of working experience.
• Knowledge of TVET frame work, rules and regulations.
• Demonstrated diplomatic, negotiation and interpersonal skills
• Staff supervisory experience and demonstrated organizational skills
• Excellent computer/information systems skills and oral and written communication skills
• Leadership skills