Job at World Vision International (Rwanda) : Project Manager (Deadline: 18 February 2018)
World Vision International (Rwanda) is a child focused Christian humanitarian organization implementing development programs in 24 Districts of Rwanda.
World Vision Rwanda seeks to hire a highly qualified, dedicated and experienced national for the position of Project Manager. The position will be based in Kigali and reporting to the WASH Program Manager.
Purpose of the position:
As a Technical Project Manager, you are responsible for the technical leadership and oversight of project implementation. This include among others acting as a sanitation marketing expert; overseeing the admin and financial management processes, supporting project staff with project implementation to ensure proper delivery of the required project results. This position calls for overseeing project annual work plans preparations, reviews and submissions; overseeing project budget including proper and timely spending of donor funds; creating and, proactively mitigating risks; liaising with SNV Senior Leadership Team for project planning and execution. The manager is expected also to manage internal and external stakeholders, communicate project progress and unexpected challenges effectively.
The manager is expected to become familiar with the project’s program documents, workplans and Gantt Charts to assist Isuku Iwacu’s team in delivering results within the required timeframe and budget,
The major responsibilities include:
- Referring to the project’s program document and approved work plan; plan and facilitate the implementation of project’s BCC and private sector activities;
- Lead the review and approval of activities SoW’s and ensure their timely submission to Supply Chain
- Prepare a clear procurement plan for WVR’s supply chain and follow up on procurement processes of different tasks
- In collaboration with project’s Chief of Party, advisors and finance team; elaborate project’s work plan and budget,
- Provide effective leadership to staff within the Isuku Iwacu project to effectively deliver in their districts and achieve the set targets as per the project Plan;
- Ensure and strengthening partnership with local government and other partners
- Ensure approved budget and plan are entered into WVR’s budgeting and planning tools
- Assist project’s staff with necessary logistics
- Represent WVR as the point of contact in the project
- Prepare timely regular monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual reports of the project’s progress and submit them to supervisor
- Ensure project’s success stories are shared with NO WASH program
Accountability, Assets and Finance Managements
- Implement internal controls and ensure compliance with WV requirements, controls and procedures
- Manage project assets and finance as per policy/standards
- Lead the procurement and logistics as per WV procedures
Child Protection and Wellbeing
- Ensure the impact (negative % positive) of Core values on the wellbeing of children.
- Ensure that Core project components, products and activities do not contribute to any form of child abuse or infringement of child rights
- Promote and sensitize communities, clients and other stakeholders about children’s rights and responsibilities.
- Ensure that child protection policy and guidelines are strictly adhered to among all staff, communities and clients you interact with.
- Must adhere to Christian values.
- Perform other duties as required.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
The following knowledge, skills and abilities may be acquired through a combination of formal schooling, self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training.
- B.SC in public health, Environmental Health or related fields with 7 years’experience in behavior change and communication and with strong expertise in sanitation marketing.
- M.SC in Environmental Health, Public health or related fields being an asset.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to work on and track multiple tasks and/or priorities simultaneously
- Proven problem solving and analytical thinking skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills (English and Kinyarwanda)
- Other: NGO experience preferred
- The salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience:
N: B: Women are highly encouraged to apply.
How to apply:
Should you wish to apply for this position, please go to http://careers.wvi.org/job-opportunities-in-rwanda
If this is your first time applying online via the World Vision International careers website, you will need to register an account along with your application details. This site will provide you with additional functionality, such as saved searches and email alerts. Registration requires minimal information to create your account. Further details will be collected during the application process
All applicants must apply using our online application system, CVs received via email or standard post will NOT be considered.
In case you face any challenges in applying, please let us know on firstname.lastname@example.org(no applications will be accepted through this email)
The closing date for submission of applications is 18th February, 2018; no late applications will be accepted
As a child focused organization, World Vision is committed to the protection of children and does not employ staff whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditional upon successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks