Job at Girl Effect : Operations Manager (Deadline: 14 June 2017)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
- Context of the role
The Operations Manager will provide comprehensive operations management, administrative and program support to the Girl Effect Rwanda team, such as (but not limited to) HR support, records management, travel, hospitality and overall office management.
- Responsible for managing all aspects of office management / administration and that office is fully operational and there is continued improvement of systems /processes to ensure staff are properly supported and are working in a conducive environment to deliver on programme activities
- Lead the recruitment of new team members, managing external recruitment partners and ensuring best in class talent is inducted into the organisation
- Responsible for supporting the Senior Manager PPO to lead the HR function, staff induction / training on GE policies & procedures and general best practice, along with refresher trainings to the wider Rwanda team to ensure compliance. This will involve reviewing and setting new policies for GE
- Security focal point for GER responsible for overseeing GER’s risk profile and security, ensuring adequate mitigation and monitoring and liaising with external security partners. This will involve managing the GER risk register; properly reporting any incidents and ensuring appropriate action taken; managing the emergency telephone tree and ensuring its fully functional and updated regularly with emergency contact numbers for all staff/ visitors etc.
- Manage visa/work permit process for expats and visitors and ensure all GE international staff are legally working
- Oversee management of all staff needs i.e. programme logistics and transport needs and ensure systems are efficient and that they are effectively management /there’s cost savings where necessary. This will involve managing and coordinating all office logistics arrangement for all in country events/requests, overseas travel, hotel bookings etc.
- Notify the wider team and GE HQ operation staffs for any new hires or leavers on time to get the necessary support such as email creation or removal, salesforce training etc. and schedule on boarding session with team for new hires and ensure staff from HQ are properly inducted before country visits
- Responsible for line managing the Ni Nyampinga support team (2people) and coordinating requests from other teams for their time balancing the need for support against the individuals’ need for development. This role will also line manage other 3 roles to ensure smooth running of GER operations
- Support the Senior Manager PPO to ensure that the IT infrastructure in place is managed properly and continues to improve to support the growing business needs. This will involve managing the IT supplier to deliver set objectives
- Ensure proper management of external suppliers, contractors and vendors who work closely with this role
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Senior Manager, Business Planning, People and Operations
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Administration, Management or other related fields
- Experience in office management, HR and administration
- Excellent personal organisational skills, including priority management and ability to meet deadlines. Self-motivated with excellent team-working skills
- Working knowledge of the systems and processes related to expenditure management on projects and programmes
- Understanding of the importance of accurate and up-to-date management information.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Ability to take responsibility for quality of work, and to identify and resolve work problems
- Computer literate (i.e. WORD, Excel, Outlook, Internet Explorer)
- Excellent spoken and written English with good communication skills
- Good planning and time management skills
- Commitment to and understanding of Girl Effect’s aims, values and principles
- Context of the role
Closing Date: 14/06/2017
How To Apply