Job at Girl Effect : Qualitative Insights Analyst (Deadline: 14 June 2017)
Department: Insights, Design and Innovation
Vacancy Type: Full Time
- Context of the role
The role of Qualitative Insights Analyst responds to a critical business need for Girl Effect Rwanda to better understand, deliver and be able to replicate globally the value and impact its media products and programmes are having on the lives of girls.
The role will include line management of the Peer to Peer Research Specialist, Rwanda’s TEGA (Technology Enabled Girl Ambassadors) program and team of in-house Qualitative Researchers.
A challenging but deeply rewarding role, the candidate will be responsible for managing and capacity building a team of excellent peer to peer qualitative researchers and responsible for shaping and delivering world class, innovative research to inform Ni Nyampinga brand strategy and deliver to external partner briefs across a range of commercial and developmental sectors. The role provides opportunities to work with a highly skilled and diverse international team for an organization at the leading edge of branded media for social change.
This role will be accountable for the successful implementation and running of TEGA and our in-house Qualitative Researchers for internal brand and partner research. They will be expected to execute and deliver actionable and insightful research findings to local and global internal and external audiences.
Deliver high quality, innovative qualitative research in order to understand, evaluate and prove the impact of Girl Effects work and ensure all activities are grounded in strong audience and market insights.
- Manage large and small scale qualitative research with support from the Director, Evidence (Global) and Snr. Manager Strategy and Insights (Rwanda) into a range of brand, content, cultural and thematic issues to understand the challenges and opportunities facing girls and shape Ni Nyampinga brand strategy.
- Respond to briefs, support the design of research studies, oversee tool creation, conduct qualitative fieldwork and lead on analysis, reporting and delivery of qualitative research projects to Girl Effect local, global and partners.
- Be responsible for ensuring Ni Nyampinga brand strategy and activities are built from and respond to robust insights into audience and market needs in order to deliver maximum value and impact for girls.
- Oversee the relationship and communications between Girl Effect Rwanda, Girl Effect Global and external partnerships in relation to TEGA and in-house research projects.
- Conduct and commission cultural insights and competitive and market scoping with Strategy Support.
- Be responsible for the translation of research findings into insights for use by the Girl Effect Band team, and report research findings to different stakeholders in the organisation.
Represent Girl Effects research capabilities to outside organisations and support in the development of partnership and for profit research products.
- Represent TEGA and Girl Effects research capabilities to outside organisations and partners.
- Support Manager TEGA (Global), Snr. Manager Strategy and Insight (Rwanda) and Deputy Director of Relationships and Partnerships (Rwanda) on the creation, communication and delivery of partnership and for profit research programmes and products.
Manage and capacity build the in-house qualitative research teams and programmes and be accountable for their technical quality and on time, budget and brief delivery.
- Conduct and be responsible for the training and development of the Peer to Peer Research Specialist, TEGA Specialist, TEGAs’ and in-house Qualitative Researchers with support from the Senior Evidence Manager (Global).
- Line manage a large team.
- Budget responsibility, project delivery responsibility, team planning.
Skills and Experience
- Minimum Undergraduate Degree or equivalent in research, brand and marketing or social sciences related fields
- Highly proficient and experienced in qualitative research methods, particularly research design, analysis and reporting
- Experience using innovative qualitative research methods for data collection for international development projects, and media projects
- Experience in commercial or social research or related profession/ sector
- Experience managing a team and delivering to external and internal stakeholders
- Experience managing research agencies and suppliers
- Experience working in social/ brand/ marketing / commercial sectors
- Excellent organisational, communication skills, relationship management and attention to detail
- Preferred: Fluent in English and Kinyarwanda
- Culturally aware and respectful – curious and sensitive about the cultures in which we operate with and an interest in working in developing countries;
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively in multicultural teams with varying expertise, skills and backgrounds
- Adaptable – able to work in complex, unfamiliar and changing environments with a resourceful approach to seeking solutions
- Excellent critical analysis and thinking skills
- A positive and energetic self-starter who is confident and proactive in generating and leading new initiatives
- Commitment to realising the potential of girls and to the vision and values of Girl Effect
- Context of the role
Closing Date: 09/06/2017
How To Apply