Job in Fintrac: Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist
Fintrac is recruiting a Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist candidate for the upcoming Rwanda Feed the Future Sustainable food, Agriculture, and Nutrition Activity. The objective of this activity is to sustainably increase smallholder farmer incomes, improve the nutritional status of women and children, and increase the resilience of the agriculture and food system to the changing climate.
This individual will lead Collaborating, Learning and Adapting (CLA) activities for the activity. S/he will make operational decisions and manage the various components of the program dealing with M&E, will oversee data collection efforts and ensure both the M&E system and results reporting meet the requirements of the Feed the Future initiative. S/he will lead a system for continuous communication with the two established external evaluation partners, and demonstrate an ability to take critical inputs, feedback, and assessments from evaluation partners to inform changes in program approaches and scale-up. S/he shall ensure that these and other program components are results-oriented. This individual will have a major focus on achieving results in all areas assuring that the SFAN team members are poised to deliver services on schedule.
Education Requirements: The expected education requirement for the Senior M&E Specialist is a Master’s Degree or equivalent in business administration or related area of study or equivalent work experience (specialized training in M&E is required).
Experience Requirements: The expected experience requirements for the Senior M&E Specialist are:
- Seven (7) years of progressively responsible work experience in managing complex project of similar size.
- 5 years of monitoring and evaluation work at the supervisory level preferred
- Experience designing and overseeing M&E data collection and reporting for agriculture/food security projec Feed the Future reporting experience in also preferred.
- Demonstrated research design and analytical skills with five (5) years of agriculture research or monitoring and evaluation experience in a development setting in Africa. USAID or other international donor experience preferre
- Demonstrated ability to implement, operationalize, and manage information collection and assessment syste
- Demonstrated ability to create and manage information data bases using appropriate software applica
- Ability to work in team environment and work with and train non-direct reports to implement progra
- Strong writing, reporting, and presentational skills.
- Familiarity with gender issues in monitoring and evaluation and an understanding of the Women’s Empowerment in Agriculture Index (WEAI) would be a plus.