Job in Fintrack : Senior Agronomist/Deputy Chief of Party
Fintrac is recruiting a Senior Agronomist/Deputy Chief of Party candidate for the upcoming Rwanda Feed the Future Sustainable food, Agriculture, and Nutrition Activity. The objective of this activity is to sustainably increase smallholder farmer incomes, improve the nutritional status of women and children, and increase the resilience of the agriculture and food system to the changing climate.
Education Requirements: The expected qualifications for the DCOP candidate will include a Master’s degree in international development, agriculture/agronomy, environment, or related field of study.
Experience Requirements: The expected experience requirements for the DCOP are:
- 7 years’ professional experience in developing countries, some of which should be in Africa, in food security and agronomy in managing or implementing development progra Experience with East Africa or Rwanda agriculture sector is an asset
- Solid foundation in a broad range of agriculture subjects preferred, including areas such as agriculture economics, agriculture policy, agribusiness, agronomy, agriculture extension, and market developme
- Familiarity with nutrition sensitive and climate smart agriculture concepts highly desirable preferre
- Experience in designing or managing sustainable agricultural production systems is preferre
- Familiarity with agriculture research integration in project implementation, and experience working to improve private and public extension syste
- Strong verbal and written skills in English are require Knowledge of French and Kinyarwanda is an asset.
- Excellent communication and writing
- The DCOP’s experiences should ideally complement and not perfectly overlap with that of the COP