Job in PSF : Export Promotion Project Officer (Deadline: 09 December 2016)
TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR RECRUITMENT OF EXPORT PROMOTION OFFICERS FOR THE RWANDA-PRIVATE SECTOR FEDERATION
The Private Sector Federation is a professional organization, dedicated to promote and represent the interests of the Rwandan Business Community. It is the umbrella organization and voice of the private sector.
The Private Sector Federation would like to recruit:
TERMS OF REFERENCE AND JOB DESCRIPTIONS
Job Title: Export Promotion Project Officer
Rwanda is a land-locked nation with a small domestic market. It is quite clear therefore that export growth strategies should take center stage in order to sustain high growth rates targets set in the EDPRS2. The Government of Rwanda has identified trade costs and time-to-market as the priority binding constraints that limit growth. Small firms with inadequate export capacities whose opportunities for export are constrained by high trade costs and limited proximity to high growth markets characterize the export sector in Rwanda. A very small percentage of known establishments in Rwanda are involved in exports. A very small number of large exporting firms account for a disproportionately large share of export revenue and is mainly concentrated in the agricultural and mining sectors. PSF has established an exporters’ forum to coordinate exporter enterprises and to advocate for further regional integration. In order to effectively contribute to export development, PSF’s Trade and Business Development needs the expert assistance of two sector specialists who will support export readiness initiatives, regional market integration initiatives, market access and market linkage programs and certification schemes for business targeting high-end international market segments. Initiatives to steer product and market diversification underpinned by a robust market research effort is key for boosting enterprise participation in export. Ability to guide exporters comply with conditions to access the Export Growth Facility managed by the Development Bank of Rwanda (BRD) so as to boost their export base volumes to regional and international market destinations.
To facilitate the achievement of the Organization’s mandate through the development of policies and procedures on product innovations, quality assurance and compliance to standards to promote exports
- Providing leadership and direction in market and product development and supervising personnel of the department;
- Coordinating the implementation of sector technical assistance support programs for exporters;
- Preparing periodic performance reports;
- Building working relationships with other departmental managers and external agencies and organizations for knowledge sharing on best practices in market and product development;
- Coordinating promotional activities for Rwanda’s exportable goods and services;
- Coordinating market development activities for Rwanda’s exportable goods and services;
- Incorporating the export-trade related elements of Rwanda’s Bilateral Trade Agreements in PSF’s promotional programmes
- Bachelor Degree in Business Studies, Development Studies or related fields
- At least five (5) years of relevant or similar support practice.
- Knowledge of government of Rwanda’s trade related policies, strategies and planning frameworks;
- Knowledge of Rwanda’s export strategy and its relevance to exporters;
- Planning, organizing and coordinating resources to achieve departmental goals;
- High level negotiation skills
- Professional communication and interpersonal skills
- Report writing skills;
- Computer literacy;
- Effective delegation, mentoring and coaching skills
- Time Management.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS
Interested candidates are invited to apply for the above mentioned position and submit complete applications made of a CV, a motivational letter, notarized copies of diploma/degree, a copy of identity card, and three persons of reference with their phone numbers to the following address:
Attention to: the Private Sector Federation located at Gikondo, not later than Friday 9th December, 2016 at 3 pm. Only pre-selected candidates will be called for interviews.
Done at Kigali, on 28th November, 2016
Chief Executive Officer