Job in UTAB : Deputy Vice Chancellor (Deadline: 11th December 2016)
The University of Technology and Arts of Byumba (UTAB) is calling for applications from highly qualified and interested candidates to the post of Deputy Vice Chancellor for Academic and Research (DVC-AR)
- Job Position
Deputy Vice Chancellor in Charge of Academics and Research (DVCAR/ VRAC)
- Must be at least an Associate Professor (or Senior Lecturer with at least 3 years experience at a Senior managerial level in a recognized university)
- Having Academic Managerial Skills and Professional ethics;
- Being capable of developing Partnerships with Academic and Research institutions;
- Being able to innovate, initiate and lead development of fundable research projects;
- Having Skills in Leading teams and being able to work under pressure and self supervision;
- Being proficient in English, and knowledge of French is an added value,
- Having an experience of at least 3 years in academic senior management in a recognized university in the EAC region or beyond;
- With knowledge of Higher Education environment and policy in Rwanda and capable of managing a rapidly a University aiming to Excellence;
- Being able to drive applied and community oriented Research and Community services;
- Having worked as Deputy Vice Chancellor (Vice Rector) in Charge of Academics is an added advantage.
- Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To Collaborate with the Vice Chancellor in the management of the University
- To Ensure effective and efficient implementation of policies on teaching and research in order to maintain academic standards of the University,
- To Evaluating curricula offered by the University and proposing reforms and the new programs in accordance with national education policies and job market requirements.
- Handling duties of the office of the Vice Chancellor, in absence of the Vice Chancellor.
- Overseeing quality assurance in the University.
- Involvement and guidance to the Faculties, schools and centers
- Chairing the following committees of Senate: Admissions, Research, Grants & Publications, Library and Information services and Visitation and Affiliation committees.
- To plan and coordinate the development and the standards at national and international levels
- He/She will have a mandate of Four (4) years, renewable
Will be under the mandate of the Board of Directors, he/ She will be answerably to UTAB Board of Directors under the close supervision of the Vice Chancellor
- Application Modalities
Interested Candidates should submit:
- A Motivation letter addresses to the Vice Chancellor of UTAB
- A detailed Curriculum Vitae
- Certified copies of degree(s)
- A copy of National identity card or Passport
- Applications will be submitted at UTAB Byumba Secretariat or send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only selected candidates will be contacted for the Interview; and the Deadline for submission of application is 11th December 2016
For Further information or details, please visit our website; www.utab.ac.rw
Done at Byumba on 07th November 2016
Prof. Dr. NYOMBAYIRE Faustin
UTAB Vice Chancellor and Secretary to the Board of Directors