Programme Assistant SSA-5 (mVAM-two ways communication (69868) at United Nations World Food Programme (Deadline: 14 November 2017)
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
WFP is now seeking qualified and dynamic Rwandan nationals to fill the following positon to support the mobile vulnerability analysis and mapping operations for piloting and maintaining various 2-way communications tools such as Free Basics and Interactive Voice Response (IVR).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under overall supervision of the VAM Officer, the Programme Assistant mVAM and two way communication shall perform the following duties:
Support on communication with beneficiaries/affected population
- Responsible for piloting and maintaining various 2-way communications tools such as Free Basics and IVR.
- Communicate with different units to discuss what information to share with affected population, feasibility of sharing, what tools to use.
- Lead outreach activities with refugee communities. Carry out regular visits to refugee camps to sensitize affected population on WFP information sharing tools. Conduct troubleshooting and facilitate focus group discussions to get feedback.
- Support the roll out of Free Basics website. Maintain the website and upload data using the Content Management System.
- Support the implementation of an Interactive Voice Response (IVR) communications system.
- Advertise and promote diverse 2-way communication tools such as Free Basics and IVR to increase the reach.
- Review content of outreach messages for appropriateness in the local context. Help translate messages from English into Kinyarwanda.
- Liaise with government, UN and NGO representatives working in the same communities and promote coordination.
- Liaise with local IT service providers and hardware providers to ensure project materials are available on a timely basis.
- Submit monthly progress reports detailing achievements against milestones. Document learning about the project.
- Ensure standard operating procedures are adhered to, with specific reference to terms of protection, data security and privacy.
- Perform other related duties as required.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: University degree in information technology or social sciences.
Language: Fluency in written and spoken Kinyarwanda, French and English.
Experience: At least two years of progressively responsible job related experience.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES AND SKILLS FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- Proven experience in web content management, Strong computer literacy including use of Excel, Word – HTML and CSS programming skills desirable but not necessary.
- Experience in community work with displaced communities in the deep field, including protection, gender matters. Tolerance for difficult working environments.
- Understanding of IT technologies including mobile phone applications.
- Ability to analyze information and write professional reports and to correspond in a clear and concise manner.
- Interpersonal skills and communication and inter-cultural sensitivity.
- Experience in working with refugees in Rwanda will be a definite advantage.
- Self-starter and able to work with minimum supervision.
- Knowledge of WFP procedures will be an added advantage.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
_Duration of Post is eleven (11) months
_Contract Type ( Special Service Agreement (SSA))
_Equivalent to GS-5 level on SSA
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
14 November 2017