Job at CIMERWA Ltd: Geologist (Deadline: 13 December 2017)
LOCAL JOB ADVERT
CIMERWA Ltd is Rwanda’s largest cement manufacturer with capacity of 600,000tons of cement per year with PPC Ltd having 51% shareholding. The company operates a dry process technology Plant in Muganza Sector, Rusizi District in Western Province. As part of its localization and optimization plans the Company is recruiting professionals to fully optimize its production capacity and hence cater for the country’s growing demand for cement and that of the region.
CIMERWA Ltd is looking for experienced professional to fill the following vacancy.
- Bachelors of science degree in geology, engineering geology or equivalent
- A minimum of two years’ experience in mineral exploration, mine geology, ore control and or ore reserve modeling/estimation.
Reporting to the Mining Manager the Geologist will be responsible for;
- Prospection of various cement raw materials within the region
- Plan coordinate exploration exercise for various raw materials sites
- Raw materials reserve estimation
- Provide expert advice on raw materials sourcing to the head of department
- Geologic interpretation and statistical analysis of mineral deposits
- Grade control models for improving the life of mines
- Evaluation of current reserves and update the information
- Help secure relevant licenses for prospecting and exploration
- Lease with local statutory bodies to ensure compliance to regulations
- Ensure environmental friendly and sound operations
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates are requested to submit the application at CIMERWA Factory at BUGARAMA, RUSIZI District, and western Province or at its Administration office at KIMIHURURA, City of Kigali and/or at E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org ;copies of their Degree certificates, application letter, detailed curriculum vitae and any other relevant certificates not later than Wednesday 13th December 2017.
Done at Kigali, on 06th December 2017
Bhekizitha Wiseman Mthembu
Chief Executive Officer