Job at European Union Delegation: Press and Information Officer (Deadline: 11 December 2017)
EUROPEAN UNION DELEGATION OF THE EUROPEAN UNION TO THE REPUBLIC OF RWANDA
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT: PRESS AND INFORMATION OFFICER
(maternity replacement; fixed contract 03/01/2018 to 24/04/2018)
The Delegation of the European Union to Rwanda seeks to employ maternity leave replacement for Press and Information Officer. The post is based at the Delegation offices in Kigali. The incumbent will report to the Head of Political, Press and Information Section. The Delegation of the European Union offers exciting work in a vibrant multicultural environment with excellent opportunities for professional development.
- Management of press relations of the EU Delegation, including management of working relations with media, preparation and dissemination of press releases, organization of press briefings/press conferences, organization of TV/radio/print interviews, and similar activities.
- Management of information and public diplomacy activities of the EU Delegation, including maintenance and regular update of EU Delegation’s on line information sources (website, social media)
- Monitoring of media and preparation of daily press review summarizing main political, economic and other developments in the country
University degree preferably in Journalism/Communications, Political Sciences, International Relations or related area. Candidates must be fully computer literate and possess superior analytical, drafting and organizational skills. Candidates must be fluent in English and have at least working knowledge of French. At least basic working knowledge of would be a strong advantage.
Fixed contract for the period of 03/01/2018 – 24/04/2018 (maternity leave replacement).
HOW TO APPLY
The Delegation of the European Union to Rwanda applies a policy of equal opportunities. Interested applicants should send their applications in English to the attention of the Head of Political, Press and Information by email to DELEGATION-RWANDA-POLITICS@eeas.europa.eu
Applications must contain:
- Letter of motivation
- Curriculum Vitae with reference contacts
- Supporting documents providing proof of educational background and professional experience.
The email containing all supporting documents should clearly mention “Vacancy Press and Information Officer”. Candidates who have not submitted the required supporting documents will not be considered.
Deadline for receipt of applications: 11/12 at 17:00 Kigali time. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.