Job at One Acre Fund: Strategy and Operations Analyst (Deadline: 09 January 2018)
Industry: Nonprofit/International Development
Function: Financial Advisory Services / Strategy
Employer: One Acre Fund
Job Title: Strategy and Operations Analyst
Job Location: Rubengera, Rwanda
Duration: Minimum 2 years commitment, full-time job
One Acre Fund supplies smallholder farmers with the financing and training they need to grow their way out of hunger and poverty. Instead of giving handouts, we invest in farmers to generate a permanent gain in farm income. We supply a complete service bundle of seeds and fertilizer, financing, training, and market facilitation—and we deliver these services within walking distance of the 300,000 rural farmers we serve.
We measure success in our ability to make farmers more prosperous and we always put Farmers First. www.oneacrefund.org .We are looking for exceptional professionals with 5+ years work experience to serve in a position that combines strategy, financial and operational analysis, process design and implementation to conduct quantitative analysis and shape organizational strategy to support our operations and systems as we grow.
We are looking for a driven, strategic problem-solvers dedicated to social impact to join our Rwanda strategy team. The Strategy and Operations Analyst will work on short-term projects across multiple functions to rapidly solve complex strategic, financial and operational problems.
This is a full-time career-track role within One Acre Fund Rwanda’s Strategy team. The role therefore includes exposure to high level strategy, working in a variety of departments and functions, and getting into the field. No day is ever the same, and a great candidate will be able to take on new projects quickly whilst handling ad-hoc requests (e.g. research) from the country director.
Analysts take full ownership of projects, from planning through execution and follow-up. They manage anywhere from 2-5 projects at any given time, are typically responsible for at least one other team-specific initiative, and are expected to be able to tackle any type of project – from quantitative modelling to primary research – with a relentless focus on solving the problem at hand. The Analyst may be asked to take on direct management responsibilities to help our team grow into exceptional Analysts.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Identifying opportunities for 20% savings in our large distribution network costs, through market research and modelling of truck costs and margins in the industry, to understand where we could reduce our costs.
- Building a ‘social return on investment’ model for teams that conduct trials to ensure the trial is a worthwhile investment, taking in to account its potential impact to farmers and cost if we scaled the trial country-wide.
- Identifying opportunities in the market to sell more solar lights, and working with each team to ensure cross-channel collaboration to optimize solar light sales.
- Working with our field operations team to create tools to measure performance and ensure incentives (sales, repayment etc) for field staff are optimal to drive results.
- Longer-term, there will be opportunities to lead increasingly large initiatives or join/lead a department you are supporting.
Career Growth and Development
One Acre Fund invests in building management and leadership skills. Your manager will invest significant time in your career development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship and through regular management consulting-style career reviews. We also have regular one-on-one meetings, where we listen to and discuss career goals, and work collaboratively to craft roles that each person can be passionate about. Because of our rapid growth, we constantly have new high-level roles opening up and opportunities in many functions. This results in fast career growth for our staff.
We are looking for truly extraordinary professionals who will help take our organization to the next levels of impact and scale. This is a competitive posting for a career–track role. Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Strong work experiences: we are targeting former management consultants or people with similar experience quickly getting up to speed on a project, working across functions, and solving problems. We also look for leadership experiences, at or outside of work, particularly in roles that demonstrate relationship management and driving results on a variety of project types.
- Technical skills: advanced proficiency in Excel. Experience with other professional programs (e.g. R, STATA, Access) is a plus.
- Humility: in everything One Acre Fund does, we put farmers first. In ICT, we do this by approaching our work and individual professional growth with humility, efficiency, and compassion.
- A willingness to commit to living in East Africa for at least two years: this is a long-term, career–track role. The ideal candidate will have had experience working in an emerging market, although this is not required.
- Language: English required; French/Kinyarwanda a bonus
Preferred Start Date
As soon as possible
Starts modest. However, this is a career-track role with fast raises for performance, paying a meaningful salary for long-term placement in developing nations.
Health insurance, immunizations, flight, room and board.
Sponsor International Candidates
Please click on this link: https://oneacrefund.org/work-with-us/job-openings/g/?gh_jid=938907
We are offering a world class professional and international environment that focuses on your career development and are looking forward to receiving your application.
Please Note: One Acre Fund will never ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position.If you are being approached by someone demanding money, please do not hesitate to report this to the Tubura Fraud Hotline: 0785443136 (Do not use this number for any purpose other than reporting fraud attempts. If you misuse his number and use it for general information about the position and not to report Fraud, we will not consider you for this position).
One Acre Fund is an equal opportunity employer; all candidates with legal working age will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, region, sex, disability status or any other characteristic protected by the law.