14 Job Positions of Midwife at Save The Children: (Deadline 7 January 2022)
About the Role:
Save the Children (SC) is the world’s largest independent child rights organization, underpinned by a vision of a world in which every child attains the right to survival, protection, development and participation. Our mission to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children, and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
The Registered midwife will work to contribute to an improvement in the overall health centre especially MNCH&RH including ASRH services of the targeted refugee population of Mahama Camp through the provision of quality Reproductive health services. In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
Qualifications and experience
- A qualified Registered Midwife with 2 years’ experience, registered by National Council of Nursing and Midwifery (Rwanda).
- Have a recognized Midwife working license from the National Council of Nursing
- Excellent liaison abilities and good communication skills (French, Kiswahili and English preferred).
- Willingness to work in resource poor environment and be culturally sensitive.
- Ability to produce basic reports in English
- Ability to work in a remote area
- Experience of working in maternity /PMTCT programmes/ANC / PNC and FP-PAC
- Strong capacity in Mother and Child health – New born Care
- Strong experience and capacity un child birth delivery
- Knowledge of aseptic and sterilisation methods;
- Strong capacity of nosocomial infection prevention
- Organisation and hygiene skills, knowledge and behaviour.
- Computer knowledge (Microsoft office, M.S Word, MS Excel.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued
This position is on Child Safeguarding- Level 3: The post holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work country programs. Or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
We are committed to ensuring a safe working environment for all those who work for us and for all those who come into contact with our staff and representatives, including children and members of the communities with whom we work.
SCI takes a zero tolerance approach to sexual harassment and any other conduct that is discriminatory or disrespectful to others.
Application Information: https://rwanda.savethechildren.net
Deadline for receiving applications is 7th January 2022.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
*Note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. *
*Disclaimer: Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process*
Terms and Conditions
Please Note: that All Jobs and Opportunities Published on mucuruzi.com are completely free to apply. A candidate should never pay any fee during the recruitment Process. Even if mucuruzi.com does its best to avoid any scam job or opportunity offer, a job seeker or an opportunity seeker is 100% responsible of applying at his own risk.
Check well before applying, if you doubt about the eligibility of any offer do not apply and notifie to mucuruzi.com via this email: email@example.com and remember to never pay any fee to have a job or get any opportunity, if you do so, do it at your own risk.