2 Job Positions at National Bank of Rwanda (BNR ): Senior Inspector, Banks Supervision (Deadline:03 August 2018)
The Senior Inspector is responsible for contributing to the BNR’s mission of ensuring a sound and stable financial system with regard to banks by providing technical and professional advice to both the BNR Management and financial institutions.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Lead teams conducting off-site surveillance and/or on-site supervision of banks in line with approved manuals and international best practice on banking supervision covering key risk areas in banks including but not limited to credit, liquidity, operational (including technology) reputational, strategic, market, concentration, legal & compliance, country and transfer;
- Assess and rate banks with regard to capital adequacy, asset quality, management, earnings, liquidity and sensitivity to determine the soundness of banks and make appropriate recommendations;
- Prepare inspection/review finding memoranda and working papers to ensure that adequate documentation exists to support the completed assignment and conclusions;
- Ensure timely follow-up of outstanding observations and evaluate the adequacy of corrective action taken to improve conditions;
- Assist in the initial assessment on the adequacy of existing legal and regulatory framework vis-à-vis market requirements and international best practice and propose amendments where deemed necessary;
- Develop an understanding of banks through research, documentation/literature review and interviews;
- Identify areas for further development and deepening of the banking sector and make recommendations for proposed changes and improvements;
- Draft reports, technical notes and/or memos for the attention of BNR management, board, supervised institutions and other stakeholders both internal and external;
- Analyse licensing applications submitted by new banking institutions;
- Analyse and respond, on a timely basis, to approval requests from banks for approval of board members, management team, opening and closing of branches etc;
- Perform administrative duties and other duties as assigned.
This position is open to individuals with at least Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Management, Finance, Accounting, Economics, Law or any other related field with five years’ experience in the Banking, external audit or related institution;
Or individuals with at least Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Management, Finance, Accounting, Economics, Law or any other related field and intermediary level of relevant professional qualifications (ACCA, CPA,CFA, CIA or related certificates ) with at least 3 years experience in Banking, external audit or related institution
Skills and competencies required
Senior Inspectors at this position should be able communicate effectively in writing and orally and organize small teams of Inspectors; computer literacy with word processing and spreadsheet accounting programs; strong negotiating skills; detailed understanding of banking regulation and supervision is a job requirement.
In addition, senior officers in this position will be expected to demonstrate the following abilities:
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of best practice and standards as relates central banking, prudential supervision, accounting, corporate governance, risk assessment and their application in the Rwandan market.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of developments in the Rwandan financial sector;
- Good quantitative, analytical thinking and problem solving skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to maintain cohesive teams and to achieve goals through
Maximum Age: 35 years
Candidates interested in the above vacant positions are required to complete the online application form available on BNR website; www.bnr.rw/careers. The completed BNR Job Application form together with copies of the required degrees, certificates and national identity card should be submitted to: email@example.com for candidates interested in the position of Senior Inspector, Banks Supervision.
Deadline for Application 3rd August 2018, before 17:00 pm.
Terms and Conditions
Please Note: that All Jobs and Opportunities Published on mucuruzi.com are completely free to apply. A candidate should never pay any fee during the recruitment Process. Even if mucuruzi.com does its best to avoid any scam job or opportunity offer, a job seeker or an opportunity seeker is 100% responsible of applying at his own risk.
Check well before applying, if you doubt about the eligibility of any offer do not apply and notifie to mucuruzi.com via this email: firstname.lastname@example.org and remember to never pay any fee to have a job or get any opportunity, if you do so, do it at your own risk.