2 Job Positions of Social Inclusion Officer at Caritas Rwanda: (Deadline 31 October 2021)
Caritas RWANDA_VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
Position: Social Inclusion Officer
Period: One-year renewable after a successful performance, with three months’ probation period.
Line Manager: Program Coordinator
Number of positions: 2
Job Locations: Nyabihu and Burera districts (The job holder must be willing to live in the assigned district)
Technical focus areas:
Caritas RWANDA is a non-profit organization registered officially by Ministerial Order No 499/08 of 01/02/1963, amended through the Ministerial Order No 015/11 of 14/02/2005. Its mission is to assist people in needs and foster for the whole human being. Caritas RWANDA has more than 50 years of working experience in building poor families’ resiliency through agriculture, Health and Nutrition, WASH, and social welfare activities. Caritas RWANDA is an equal opportunity organization looking at competencies without any discrimination.
Caritas RWANDA works with Catholic Relief Services to implement the USAID-Funded Inclusive Nutrition and Early Childhood Development (INECD) Program in Nyabihu, Rulindo, and Burera districts.
The Inclusive Nutrition and Early Childhood Development (INECD) program will promote nurturing and responsive care practices, especially in the areas of health functioning, nutrition, and early childhood development (ECD) for caregivers and children. Specifically, the activity aims to improve health and nutrition outcomes among women of reproductive age and adolescents and improve infant and young child feeding practices. It also aims to address child development gaps and significant unmet physical rehabilitation and assistive technology (rehab/AT) and social inclusion needs for infants and children. The activity will focus on community-level service delivery, community-health facility linkages, and district-level capacity development, as well as address issues of inclusion and participation, including access to programs and services for children and adults with disabilities, in line with Government of Rwanda priorities.
Caritas RWANDA is looking for potential qualified, dedicated, and experienced national candidates to fill the vacant position of Social Inclusion Officer (2) to be based in Nyabihu and Burera districts (Full time).
You will be responsible to implement the INECD disability inclusion interventions in the assigned district, ensuring strong collaboration with health facilities and decentralized government structures to boost community-based rehabilitation services. Your role will focus on community-level service delivery, community-health facility linkages, and decentralized-level capacity development, as well as address issues of inclusion and participation, including access to programs and services for children and adults with disabilities, in line with Government of Rwanda priorities.
Reporting to the program coordinator, the social inclusion officer will be responsible for:
- Implement all disability inclusion activities of INECD program in districts, ensure efficient and effective use of tools and systems;
- Deliver and coordinate specialized services for Persons with Disabilities, especially Community-Based Rehabilitation Services for Children and Adults with Disabilities;
- Bring technical support in implementing the INECD initiatives and activities in close collaboration with local disability organizations and service providers (both public and private) at different levels including health centers and hospitals by ensuring the delivery of nutrition and ECD services is inclusive;
- Act as a key resource person at Caritas Rwanda in project implementation in the disability inclusion area;
- Conduct field visits in villages to monitor INECD service delivery is inclusive;
- Build the capacity of community volunteers in data collection, analysis, and use
- Help identify, assess, and strengthen partnerships relevant to inclusive nutrition and early childhood development by applying the appropriate application of partnership concepts, tools, and approaches.
Required qualifications and skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in social psychology, clinical psychology, social science, physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy, in Rehabilitation studies, social work, or Community Social services. Additional experience may substitute for some education.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant field-based experience in implementing light to moderately complex projects working with people with disabilities, as part of inclusive community programming
- Excellent communication skills with a good command in English and Kinyarwanda, the knowledge of French being an advantage;
- Experience in working with USAID-Funded programs is an added advantage;
- Good Interpersonal skills and high team working spirit;
- Must be able to work under pressure;
- Proficiency in Microsoft office: word, excel, PowerPoint, and outlook;
- Must be flexible, innovative, proactive, able to work under tight deadlines;
- Must be familiar with video conferencing applications;
- Having a valid driving license Category (A) is an advantage
How to Apply:
Please submit the following documents in a single file attachment to the following email firstname.lastname@example.org (indicate in the subject: application for Social Inclusion Officer).
- Motivation letter addressed to Father Secretary General of Caritas Rwanda (maximum 1page)
- Curriculum Vitae (maximum 3 pages), with list of 3 professional referees
- Copies of your degree and/or other relevant certificates
Please add this statement in your motivation letter “By applying to this job, I understand and acknowledge that Caritas Rwanda requires its staff to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation, and human trafficking. Further, I understand that if I am a successful candidate, I will be subject to a comprehensive background check, and my personal/professional references will be asked to evaluate my behaviors related to the above safeguarding-related topics”
Due to the anticipated high interest in this position and the expected number of applicants, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for a written exam and interview.
The deadline for application is October 31, 2021, at 5:00 PM. Late submissions will be rejected!
Done at Kigali, October 18, 2021
Father TWAGIRAYEZU Jean Marie Vianney
Terms and Conditions
Please Note: that All Jobs and Opportunities Published on mucuruzi.com are completely free to apply. A candidate should never pay any fee during the recruitment Process. Even if mucuruzi.com does its best to avoid any scam job or opportunity offer, a job seeker or an opportunity seeker is 100% responsible of applying at his own risk.
Check well before applying, if you doubt about the eligibility of any offer do not apply and notifie to mucuruzi.com via this email: email@example.com and remember to never pay any fee to have a job or get any opportunity, if you do so, do it at your own risk.