2022-23 United States Institute Scholar Program ($20,000 Stipend): (Deadline 26 October 2021)
Applications are open for the 2022-23 United States Institute Scholar Program ($20,000 Stipend). The scholarship is open to all nationalities and the deadline is 26th October 2021.
USIP’s Peace Scholar Fellowship program awards non-residential fellowships to students enrolled in U.S. universities who are writing doctoral dissertations on topics broadly related to conflict management, peacebuilding and relevant security studies. Since 1988, the program has supported the dissertations of 371 young scholars, many of whom have gone on to distinguished careers in research, higher education, and policy making.
This program partners with the Minerva Research Initiative to support additional fellowships relating to topics on peace and security studies. Currently, the program awards up to 18 scholarships per year, and awards support both research and writing stages of work on dissertations.
Applications from members of groups traditionally under-represented in the field of international relations, peace and conflict studies and other related academic disciplines, as well as diplomacy and international policy-making, are strongly encouraged.
Benefits of 2022-23 United States Institute Scholar Program
USIP awards up to 18 Peace Scholar fellowships each year. The Peace Scholar fellowship last for 10 months, starting on September 1 of each year, and ending on June 30 of the following year. Peace Scholar fellows receive a stipend of up to $20,000 for the academic year, paid directly to the fellow in three tranches.
A combined amount of $30,000 is the maximum that a Peace Scholar can receive from additional major residential awards or fellowships during their fellowship tenure.
- The competition is open to PhD candidates enrolled in U.S. universities who have successfully completed all of the required classwork and any required comprehensive exams.
- non-U.S. citizens are eligible to apply, however they must be PhD candidates currently enrolled at a U.S. university. Students at international and satellite universities are not eligible.
- All applicants must be doctoral candidates at the time of application. Master’s students or other students pursuing graduate coursework are not eligible to apply.
- There is no age requirement for Peace Scholars.
Application Timeline for 2022-23 United States Institute Scholar Program
- Registration for the Peace Scholar competition opens on Tuesday September 14, 2021, and closes at 4:00 PM EDT on Friday October 15, 2021.
- Applications are due by 4:00 PM EDT on Tuesday October 26, 2021. Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
- Letters of recommendation are due by Tuesday, November 2, 2021.
- Awards are announced by spring 2022.
Terms and Conditions
Please Note: that All Jobs and Opportunities Published on mucuruzi.com are completely free to apply. A candidate should never pay any fee during the recruitment Process. Even if mucuruzi.com does its best to avoid any scam job or opportunity offer, a job seeker or an opportunity seeker is 100% responsible of applying at his own risk.
Check well before applying, if you doubt about the eligibility of any offer do not apply and notifie to mucuruzi.com via this email: email@example.com and remember to never pay any fee to have a job or get any opportunity, if you do so, do it at your own risk.