4 Job Positions of Proximity Advisors at PRO-FEMMES/TWESE HAMWE (PFTH): (Deadline 4 February 2022)
JOB ANNOUNCEMENT: RECRUITMENT OF PROXIMITY ADVISORS
Pro-Femmes /Twese Hamwe (PFTH) is an Umbrella of Rwandan Civil Society Organizations aiming at advancement of women status, peace, and development. It was established in October 1992, and currently represents 53 member organizations within the country. The mission of Pro-Femmes/Twese Hamwe is to eradicate all forms of discrimination towards women, to promote their socio-economic political, and legal status, and to enhance the institutional and organizational capacities of its member organizations through the promotion of sustainable human development approach based on gender equality and a culture of peace, justice, and human rights.
To achieve its mission promoting social economic status of women, PROFEMMES TWESE HAMWE in partnership with Initiatives for Peace and Human Rights (iPeace) with the financial support from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Kingdom of the Netherlands is implementing the project on “Empowering Women in Informal Cross-Border Trade in The Great Lakes Region (EWICBT)”.
The project activities are implemented in Rubavu and Rusizi borders with the aim to contribute to social economic empowerment of women in cross border trade between DRC and Rwanda. This will be achieved through improving their business environment and increasing their income and their social-economic welfare. To accomplish this, the project is built on improving the legal and policy framework for WICBT, providing access to legal aid services to WICBT, strengthening their entrepreneurial and financial capacity, and increasing WICBT’s access to Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR).
It is in this regard that PRO-FEMMES/TWESE HAMWE is looking for 4 suitable candidates to fill positions of Proximity advisors at Rubavu and Ruzizi.
The Proximity advisors will be in charge of coaching and mentoring in financial literacy and entrepreneurship to Women in Informal Cross Border Traders (WICBT) and conduct other field-related activities. These will be field staff based at each boarder where the project is implemented (in Bugarama, Rusizi I and II, and Petite Barriere in Rubavu).
Key duties and responsibilities
The proximity advisor will undertake the following key tasks:
- Ensure the overall coordination of the project activities at field level;
- Ensure program planning and implementation of project activities at field level;
- Conduct regular monitoring, evaluation, and reporting on project progress to the Project M&E and the Coordinator;
- Support women in informal cross border traders to get all necessary information on trade requirements, guidelines, working environment, and support women by linking them to financial institutions, cooperatives, and markets;
- Contribute to the project reporting and represent PFTH in different meetings and other events within the project coverage area;
- Collaborate with key partners of the project at the border and district level;
- Perform other tasks as shall be advised by the supervisors at Pro-Femmes / Twese Hamwe.
Desired competencies and qualifications for proximity advisor
- At least hold a bachelor’s degree in social sciences, business management, finance, economics, accounting, and other related fields;
- At least 3 years progressive experience in project management, specifically related to trade, business, social entrepreneurship, and cooperatives management;
- Knowledge of gender equality, women’s empowerment, business plan, and development;
- Strong experience and knowledge of civil society in Rwanda;
- Fluent in English, French and Kinyarwanda is a requirement, knowledge of Swahili is an added advantage;
- Excellent communicator orally and in writing;
- Innovative self-driven and team player;
- Interpersonal skills with experience of working in multicultural contexts;
- Computer literate;
Expression of interest and application
Interested candidates should send their applications enclosed with a cover letter, Curriculum Vitae, Academic documents, and other certificates. The application should be addressed to the Chairperson of Pro-Femmes/Twese Hamwe and delivered to PFTH offices by close of business day, Friday 4th February 2022. The Pro-Femmes head office is located in Kicukiro District, Gahanga Sector next to Gahanga Sector’s office
- The subject of the cover letter should be mentioned “Application for the position of PROXIMITY ADVISOR”
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for written test;
- Female candidate fulfilling the requirements are encouraged to apply.
Kigali, 26th January 2022.
Emma Marie Bugingo
Pro- Femmes/ Twese Hamwe
Terms and Conditions
Please Note: that All Jobs and Opportunities Published on mucuruzi.com are completely free to apply. A candidate should never pay any fee during the recruitment Process. Even if mucuruzi.com does its best to avoid any scam job or opportunity offer, a job seeker or an opportunity seeker is 100% responsible of applying at his own risk.
Check well before applying, if you doubt about the eligibility of any offer do not apply and notifie to mucuruzi.com via this email: firstname.lastname@example.org and remember to never pay any fee to have a job or get any opportunity, if you do so, do it at your own risk.