4 Job Positions of Social Worker at SOS Children’s Villages Rwanda: (Deadline 24 September 2021)
Position Title: Social Worker
Vacant positions: 4 persons
Type of contract: One-year renewable based on appraisal performance
Working location: Gikongoro, Byumba, Kayonza, Kigali
Supervisor: Heads of Location
Deadline: 24th September 2021
The National Office of SOS Children’s Villages Rwanda located at Kigali/Kacyiru wishes to recruit 4 social workers to implement its new Re-integration support project which will be running in SOS CV Gikongoro, Byumba, Kigali and Kayonza Locations. The interested candidates in this position should send a detailed CV, application letter and other required documents by no later than 24th September 2021 to email@example.com
Context of the organization
Established in 1949, SOS Children’s Villages is a dynamic social development international organization working globally to meet the needs and protect the interests and rights of vulnerable children. In Rwanda SOS Children’s Villages is an affiliate of SOS Children’s Villages International which is a federation of over 130 SOS Children’s Villages associations worldwide. We build families for neglected, abandoned or orphaned children, we help them shape their own futures and we share in the development of their communities. In order to further satisfy this responsibility, we are seeking for our team in SOS CV Gikongoro Location a committed Social Worker.
The Social Workers will be working under Re-integration project and shall be responsible for ensuring that the procedures for child re-integration, placement, quality care in their new homes and post placement follow up and support are properly carried out. The Social Workers provide advice, guidance and support to SOS mothers, other Caregivers in the community and work closely with SOS CV partners in re-integration of children i.e NCDA and NRS and closely work with them to plan appropriate programmes for the development (Attachment building, coping with new environment, support the sustainability of the placement, etc…) of the re-integrated children and their new families. She/he reports to the Alternative Care Location Coordinator.
She/he ensures that all necessary steps and procedures of the case management process are followed and respected according to Child care reform strategy in Rwanda and SOS CV Policies and Guidelines.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- A Bachelor degree in clinical psychology,nursing or social work from a recognised university. Additional qualifications or professional training in the fields related to child psychology, welfare, development, health or education is an added value.
- Proven work experience of at least 2 years in the social and child welfare area. Demonstrable understanding of UNCRC, UN Guidelines on Alternative Care and domestic child related laws and policies.
- Proven leadership skills and competences
- Proven expertise in child protection, safeguarding, positive parental care and children management skills
- Positive and professional approach. Ability to work independently, self-organisation, innovation and leadership abilities.
- Very good report writting capacity
- Proven, communication, facilitation and presentation skills
- Knowledge of child protection matters, such as children’s rights, OVC and gender.
- Strong skills in child and young psychology and development.
- Having the ability to handle children and problems, attract their attention and being kind to children Proven enthusiasm to children and young problems solving
- Proven skills in ICT
- Clear understanding of project cycle
If you are interested in this position, please send your detailed application to firstname.lastname@example.org by 24th September 2021 at the latest by 17h00.Late applications will not be accepted.
“SOS Children’s Villages Rwanda/ International holds strict child safeguarding principles and a zero-tolerance policy for conducts of sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse in the workplace and other places where the organization’s activities are rendered. Parallel to technical competence, recruitment, selection and hiring decisions will give due emphasise to assessing candidates value congruence and thorough background checks, police clearance reference check processes”.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply
Jean Bosco KWIZERA