40 Job Positions at Chemonics Soma Umenye LLC : Short-Term Classroom Observer and Data Collector (Deadline: 17 August 2018 )
USAID Soma Umenye LLC
Title: Short-Term Classroom Observer and Data Collector
Project: USAID Soma Umenye
USAID Soma Umenye is a five-year project that aims to improve reading outcomes in Kinyarwanda for at least 1 million children in public and government-aided schools in Rwanda. Covering all 30 districts of Rwanda and working in close collaboration with the Rwanda Education Board (REB) and the Rwandan Ministry of Education (MINEDUC), Soma Umenye will contribute to Rwanda’s Education Sector Strategic Plan (ESSP) and the Government of Rwanda’s national development priority of ensuring that Rwandan primary-grade students acquire the fundamental competency of literacy so that they can succeed in future schooling and, later, in the modern workplace.
USAID Soma Umenye supports Rwanda’s Ministry of Education (MINEDUC) and its implementing agency, the Rwanda Education Board (REB), to improve early grade reading through its Education Sector Strategic Plan (ESSP) 3, by developing mechanisms to engage district leaders in the delivery of early grade reading.
Soma Umenye aims to achieve the following two goals.
- To improve reading outcomes in Kinyarwanda for at least 1 million children (unique direct beneficiaries) in public and government-aided schools in Rwanda by the end of P3; and
- To ensure that at least 70 percent of P1-P3 students are able to read grade-level text with fluency and comprehension.
To achieve the above goals, it requires close collaboration with all education stakeholders under the technical leadership of MINEDUC and REB.
Purpose of Assignment
In collaboration with the Rwanda Education Board, USAID Soma Umenye is hiring classroom observers/data collectors to conduct classroom observations and collect data. Soma Umenye is looking for individuals who have experience teaching reading in Kinyarwanda and can identify best practices in reading instruction. USAID Soma Umenye is looking for classroom observers/data collectors to attend a training and take brief tests following the training. Those participants that score sufficiently well on the test will be hired to conduct the classroom observations and assessments.
USAID Soma Umenye requires data collection services both the last week of August and between September 17-October 5, 2018 (trainings will precede each set of dates).
Prospective data collectors will:
- Attend every day of training organized for all data collectors
- Participate in training exercises, including completing data collection activities. According to assignment from Soma Umenye, travel to designated schools (between September 17-October 5, 2018). Soma Umenye will provide transportation and accommodation
Once hired, the classroom observer/data collector will:
- As demonstrated in training, conduct the required number of daily classroom observations using tablets and other electronic devices; in addition, conduct student assessments and administer questionnaires as needed.
- Fluency in written and spoken Kinyarwanda and English required, proficiency in French a plus;
- University degree in language education strongly preferred;
- Prior experience working as a primary school teacher or TTC tutor strongly preferred;
- Experience with educational research and/or as a data collector in the education sector required;
- Prior experience using tablets or other electronic data collection devices required;
- Willingness to conduct all activities included in the scope of work (including travel to remote areas of Rwanda) required;
- Punctuality, intellectual curiosity, and willingness to work under pressure to meet deadlines required.
Location of Assignment
The location of assignment is Kigali, Rwanda with travel throughout the country during data collection.
The Data Collector will report directly to Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning (MEL) Specialist or his/her designee.
To learn more about Chemonics, please visit www.chemonics.com.
Terms and Conditions
Please Note: that All Jobs and Opportunities Published on mucuruzi.com are completely free to apply. A candidate should never pay any fee during the recruitment Process. Even if mucuruzi.com does its best to avoid any scam job or opportunity offer, a job seeker or an opportunity seeker is 100% responsible of applying at his own risk.
Check well before applying, if you doubt about the eligibility of any offer do not apply and notifie to mucuruzi.com via this email: firstname.lastname@example.org and remember to never pay any fee to have a job or get any opportunity, if you do so, do it at your own risk.