Administrative Assistant at Palladium Rwanda Limited: (Deadline 28 February 2022)
Administrative Assistant, Rwanda Integrated Health Systems Activity (RIHSA)
About Palladium – Palladium is a global leader in the design, development, and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with governments, businesses, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing challenges. With a team of more than 3,000 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of over 35,000 experts, we help improve economies, societies, and, most importantly, people’s lives.
Equity, Diversity & Inclusion – We welcome applications from all sections of society and actively encourage diversity to drive innovation, creativity, success, and good practice. We positively welcome and seek to ensure we achieve diversity in our workforce; and that all job applicants and employees receive equal and fair treatment regardless of their background or personal characteristics. These include (but are not limited to) socio-economic background, age, race, gender identity, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, veteran, marital or Indigenous status.
Should you require any adjustments or accommodations to be made due to a disability or you are a neurodivergent individual or any other circumstance, please email our team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Safeguarding – We define Safeguarding as “the preventative action taken by Palladium to protect our people, clients, and the communities we work with from harm”. We are committed to ensuring that all children and adults who come into contact with Palladium are treated with respect and are free from abuse. All successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced selection process including safeguarding-focused interviews and a rigorous due diligence process.
Project Overview and Role:
The Rwanda Integrated Health Systems Activity (RIHSA) is a newly awarded, three-year project funded by the U.S Agency for International Development (USAID). RIHSA works to reduce the financial barriers to healthcare in Rwanda through a mix of public and private interventions. RIHSA works to improve the quality of essential health services at national, facility, and community levels utilizing a health systems approach.
Purpose of Position- Palladium seeks an Administrative Assistant for the RIHSA project based in Kigali, Rwanda. The Administrative Assistant’s overall responsibility will be providing operational and administrative assistance to the Technical staff, performing a variety of administrative, coordination, and logistical services in support of activities. The position is expected to be needed through the life of the program, dependent on donor funding. Applicants are expected to have existing legal authority to work in Kigali and Palladium will not pay for relocation to Kigali.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Administration of employee benefits and allowances.
- Assist the Finance and Operations Manager in the administration of the unit’s human resource functions, such as, recruitment of project staff, processing independent consultants’ agreements, and subcontractors’ agreements, performance appraisal, administration of employee benefits and allowances.
- Assists in the orientation of new staff, interns, and consultants by providing them with the necessary documents and materials for orientation.
- Update inventory records in the Master inventory and issue and distribute property in accordance with policy and procedures.
- Administration and management of petty cash and perform micro purchases.
- Assist the Finance and Operations Manager to draft solicitations and technical specifications to ensure completeness, accuracy, and competitive qualities, and generates bid matrix and compiles procurement documentation.
- Maintain an updated Contract Register with appropriate details for the program staff, consultants, and sub-contractors including all the amendments.
- Support the Finance and Operations Manager by providing the necessary audit documents to the external auditors during Palladium corporate and program audits.
- Assists other team members in preparing and formatting documents, including activity and expense reports, PowerPoint presentations; develops and maintains an efficient electronic and hard copy filing system.
- Organizes regular team meetings and conference calls/videoconferences, including the preparation and distribution of documents and providing the necessary technical devices.
- Works with program staff to coordinate work activities, meet deadlines, and provide support where needed
- Arrange and book accommodation for staff conducting field trips. Contacting hotels to obtain estimated rates and calculates per diems.
- Maintain and regularly update travel plans and budget amounts to provide an accurate overview of the Program’s travel arrangements and budget, which includes liaising with Office staff for their input.
- Requests the issuance of visas/work permit, as necessary.
- Coordinate with motor pool for all transport arrangements for the team.
- Monitor the drivers schedule, review motor vehicle log sheet and monthly summary and advise any deviations being observed.
Workshops and Events
- Liaises with members of partner organizations to coordinate logistical arrangements for workshops that take place in different locations.
- Supports the technical team in preparing training kits or information packages for workshops and trainings in a timely manner.
- Bachelor of Administration degree in Finance, Accounting or any other relevant field.
- At least 1 year of experience providing admin support for local NGO partner for USAID or Other Donor funded programs.
- Experience with day-to-day logistical and technical support.
- Experience in procurement and demonstrated knowledge of USAID rules and regulations for recruitment and procurement a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication abilities and strong interpersonal skills a plus.
- Demonstrated sound judgment, negotiation skills, respectful, analytical mind, attention to detail, and integrity are required.
- High-level knowledge of computer including Microsoft office – word, excel, outlook, powerpoint, and internet.
How to apply
Candidates should submit a CV and a cover letter detailing their interest and aptitude for this position by the link:https://palladium.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/2/home/requisition/12763?c=palladium
The deadline: 28th February 2022.
Terms and Conditions
Please Note: that All Jobs and Opportunities Published on mucuruzi.com are completely free to apply. A candidate should never pay any fee during the recruitment Process. Even if mucuruzi.com does its best to avoid any scam job or opportunity offer, a job seeker or an opportunity seeker is 100% responsible of applying at his own risk.
Check well before applying, if you doubt about the eligibility of any offer do not apply and notifie to mucuruzi.com via this email: email@example.com and remember to never pay any fee to have a job or get any opportunity, if you do so, do it at your own risk.