Administrative Assistant at Partners In Health (PIH): (Deadline Ongoing)
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Reports to: Head, Educational Development and Quality Center
Group/Department: University of Global Health Equity (UGHE)
Location: Kigali, Rwanda
The University of Global Health Equity (UGHE) is an initiative of Partners In Health (PIH), an internationally recognized non-profit organization whose mission is to provide a preferential option for the poor in health care. In over nearly three decades of operating alongside public sectors in countries around the world, PIH has developed a model to deliver high quality health care to some of the world’s most marginalized communities. Nowhere has this impact been more profound than in Rwanda, where Inshuti Mu Buzima—PIH’s sister organization—and our government partners have driven innovation for a decade.
Members of the UGHE community are tenacious and resolute in our drive to attain social justice, make common cause with those in need, listen to and learn from others, and operate with honesty and humility as we uphold academic integrity and intellectual curiosity. The University of Global Health Equity seeks individuals committed to these values to join the team.
The Administrative Assistant will provide administrative and research support to the Educational Development and Quality Center (EDQC). S/he will provide high level administrative support, including meeting scheduling, creating agendas, academic policy development, and other administrative duties. S/he will also be involved in various projects pertaining to educational quality, faculty development and course and program evaluation. This position is a fantastic opportunity for the Administrative Assistant to develop his/her research skills.
The ideal candidate for this position is someone who is highly self-motivated and passionate about higher education, with superior attention to detail and organizational skills. The Administrative Assistant will have experience with a wide range of academic and administrative tasks, have the ability to work independently as well as part of a team, and have mastered effective communication. The Administrative Assistant will interact with staff at all levels and across offices, as well as important external constituents. S/he must be exceedingly well organized, diplomatic, flexible, resourceful, and proactive. The Academic Assistant must exhibit great discretion, handle confidential matters with the utmost care, and possess a high level of sophistication in managing complex issues.
Administrative & Financial
- Provide general administrative support to all team members of the EDQC.
- Schedule and coordinate meetings for the EDQC, including communicating the agenda and taking minutes during these meetings.
- Manage the team calendar and meeting scheduling.
- Support the team’s external relations, including the organization of visitors’ itineraries as needed.
- Serves as a key point of contact for EDQC faculty logistics, including flight booking, transportation, campus logistics, etc.
- Provide support to faculty, students and staff using the online LMS and any other educational software, e-learning platforms, or resources.
Academic Planning, Evaluation and Program Coordination
- Provide support in academic quality assurance activities by handling all academic program evaluations, including creating an evaluation schedule, creating evaluation surveys, administering surveys, and collecting, presenting and analysing data
- Coordinate meetings, workshops, and events, both online and in-person. This includes developing and preparing content for invitations, coordinating rooms and audio-visual arrangements, ensuring accommodations, printing certificates, coordinating speaker logistics and accommodations, preparing agendas and materials for participants, tracking participant registration, liaising with external and internal partners, etc.
- Monitor, verify, reconcile, and record participant information for all workshops or training events.
- Prepare and manage a calendar of EDQC events and workshops.
Research & Reporting
- Support EDQC research in partnership with UGHE faculty and staff from all departments
- Support with data collection and conducting qualitative and/or quantitative analyses, including data management.
- Support in writing project deliverables, such as protocols, reports, and publications.
- Conduct literature searches and reviews and support with ethics review submissions.
- Support resource mobilization for the EDQC, including preparing grant applications to external funding sources, coordinating reporting to external funders, and managing financial approval and other financial processes.
- Collect and compile information for use in internal and external reports.
- Bachelor’s degree in education, health, social science, business, humanities, or in another relevant field; Master’s degree preferred
- Work experience in administrative, executive assistant, and/or personal assistant role(s) in an educational setting
- Experience in multicultural working environment
- Fluency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Google Drive
- Ability to manage and prioritize projects with high attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure, meet tight deadlines, and manage competing priorities
- Health sciences and/or global health content knowledge preferred
- Experience working in a higher education environment preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Kinyarwanda required
Terms and Conditions
Please Note: that All Jobs and Opportunities Published on mucuruzi.com are completely free to apply. A candidate should never pay any fee during the recruitment Process. Even if mucuruzi.com does its best to avoid any scam job or opportunity offer, a job seeker or an opportunity seeker is 100% responsible of applying at his own risk.
Check well before applying, if you doubt about the eligibility of any offer do not apply and notifie to mucuruzi.com via this email: firstname.lastname@example.org and remember to never pay any fee to have a job or get any opportunity, if you do so, do it at your own risk.