Launch store 1 and grow the bottom line by attracting and retaining customers.
1.Set up and launch of Kigali Store 1
2.Meeting and exceeding customers’ needs and expectations;
3.The development and management of a motivated, empowered, and customer-centric staff; and
4.The development and continuous review of the branch business plan.
Pre -Launch operations
- Coordinating set up of Kigali store 1 with the different stakeholders.
- Coordinating store launch plans with project consultant
- Developing the final store basket for the launch of store 1
- Market Intelligence to support store strategy
- recruitment and training of store personnel
- Attract and retain customers through the provision of effective and efficient internal and external customer service delivery processes and execution by the shop team
Retail Operations Management
- Coordinate merchandise and display setup
- Customer assistance and general service delivery
- Accurate signage (aisle indicators, general store directions, entry, and exits)
- Checkout of customers in a timely and friendly manner
- Review of sales and expense results routinely
- Provide weekly feedback on customer requests and market trends
- Provide weekly summary reports/critiques following major events, promotional programs, and seasonally
- Strict Compliance with safety and security guidelines and standards to ensure cash, customer, staff, and company assets safety
- General administrative duties (security, alarms, utilities, general housekeeping, and staff presentability)
- Timely shop and safe opening and locking
- Daily safe money and bank slips reconciliation
- Receiving and dispatching goods
Shop Floor Management: To ensure strict adherence to the shop operations procedures to ensure smooth floor operations and service to the customers
Back Store Management: To ensure FIFO standards, good stacking procedures, and stock holding levels are strictly adhered to.
Cash Management: To ensure constant cash safekeeping and daily store cash banking
Advertising and Promotion
- Assist in the development of adverts for special events
- Evaluate the effectiveness of advertising
- Develop promotional programs
- Spend time with customers to promote sales
- Create awareness to the customers about the current offers through special sales stickers, flyers, posters, and word of mouth)
- Ensure goods ordering/replenishment is as per the company stock holding policy and the standard operating procedures
- Ensure that ordered goods are delivered within the stipulated time by the direct suppliers
Expires Monitoring and disposal: Ensure close monitoring of goods aging report and a zero tolerance on expired products on the shop floor
- motivate customer-centric employees
- Training and development of customer-centric staff.
- Time management, clocking in
- Employee work scheduling
- Performance management
Company policy and procedures education and general dissemination
- Identification of new business channels within the branch to increase sales
Budgeting (mainly of branch costs, staff costs, and sales projections) and monitoring of the same
- To ensure immediate and accurate information flow within the branch and from branch to head office.
- communicate to customers on policy issues regarding service and operational processes.
Public Relations: To ensure proper representation of the organization within the locality by ensuring good spokesmanship with all public quarters
- Ensure the scheduled weekly cyclic counts are done
- Quarterly stock count to ensure adherence to below 0.09% cost of actual sales shrinkage amount
Market Intelligence: Ensure the weekly market intelligence with our competitors is done to ensure the branch remains competitive
- Ensure that all documents related to branch operations have been processed by the end of the day. This is in regards to cashier reconciliations, banking slips, receiving documents