Back-End Software Developer (Python) at Bboxx Africa Management: (Deadline 12 May 2022)
JOIN THE FIGHT AGAINST ENERGY POVERTY!
Who we are:
Bboxx is a UK-based Next Generation Utility company providing affordable, reliable and clean energy solutions to meet off-grid customers’ energy needs. We are fully vertically integrated, controlling every part of our customer experience. having already impacted over 2 million customers’ lives with our solar home systems (SHS) so far and diversification into clean cooking and other utilities underway, we have 1000+ staff working across five offices in Europe, Asia and Africa – who are waking up every morning to transform the lives of our customers and to unlock their potential.
Title: Back-End Software Developer (Python)
Reports to: Head of Software Development
Location: Rwanda – Kigali
The Back End Developer will work with the Application Architect and DevOps teams to define and improve design and implementation to all the software developed by Bboxx. This role, together with the Application Architect will be responsible to make sure we keep our infrastructure and software solution standardized and scalable in volume and number of new features.
What you can expect to be doing:
- Participate in or lead on developments, including peer reviews and quality control, ensuring that our software remains scalable and easy to maintain.
- Create tools to improve developers’ work.
- Analyze the IT environment to detect critical deficiencies and recommend solutions.
- Define how deployed software can be monitored.
- Participate in any new architecture decisions.
- Ensure teams adhere to documented designs, development patterns and standards.
- Facilitate the evaluation and selection of software solutions.
- Work alongside the DevOps team to make sure the CI/CD pipeline is standardized, and all the systems deployed have a good and standardized monitoring system.
What we are looking for:
- At least 3 years of python experience
- At least 5 years of development experience
- Good knowledge of at least one Python framework
- Good knowledge and use of patterns and best development practices
- Good knowledge on AWS services, solutions, and architecture
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills with attention to detail.
- Experience with Continuous Integration Lifecycle
- Experience with provisioning tools as well as automating the testing, deployment and monitoring of software systems
If you would like to find out more about what we are doing to transform lives through providing access to energy and services, please have a look at www.bboxx.com
Please upload your CV and answer few questions via our online application platform: https://bboxx.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/4/home/requisition/1207?c=bboxx
Qualified candidates will be contacted with information regarding the next steps.
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis, so we encourage you to apply ASAP.
The deadline for applications is May 12th, 2022.
Terms and Conditions
Please Note: that All Jobs and Opportunities Published on mucuruzi.com are completely free to apply. A candidate should never pay any fee during the recruitment Process. Even if mucuruzi.com does its best to avoid any scam job or opportunity offer, a job seeker or an opportunity seeker is 100% responsible of applying at his own risk.
Check well before applying, if you doubt about the eligibility of any offer do not apply and notifie to mucuruzi.com via this email: firstname.lastname@example.org and remember to never pay any fee to have a job or get any opportunity, if you do so, do it at your own risk.