BBC Production Apprenticeship 2022: (Deadline Ongoing)
Apply for the Production Apprenticeship 2022 in BBC and start your career journey in the production team of BBC along with many opportunities!!!
Information about the Apprenticeship
Start date: January 2022
Scheme Duration: 18 months
Roles for the apprenticeship: Runner, Junior Researcher, Production Management Assistant, Team Assistant (radio); Content Assistant
What will you gain?
You will get first-hand work experience along with hands-on training in a wide range of production skills.
Through the apprenticeship, you will work towards a qualification, a Certificate in Creative Content and Production, and the completion of a Level 3 Apprenticeship (Broadcast Production Assistant or Junior Content Producer apprenticeship) delivered by an experienced external Training Provider.
As a part of the production apprenticeship, you get many chances concerning your choice. You might be helping to come up with ideas and stories for content (editorial), or learning how to make a production happen (production management). There will also be a chance to be involved in developing your technical skills and learning how to use a kit to capture audio or visual content (craft skills). You might even be working in a post-production area using specialist software and technology.
Along with these opportunities, you will also get the following throughout the apprenticeship:
- A starting salary of £14,400 per year with an annual increase
- 25 days holiday a year as well as national bank holidays with an extra day-off between Christmas and New Year
- A defined contributions pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more
While you’re on the apprenticeship, you will be doing the following tasks:
- general administration as well as logistics tasks in the production office, in the studio, on location or in the edit suite
- helping to make content for social media
- basic research for locations, contributors, props
- also, booking and collecting kit; assisting with a camera and sound recording kit
- getting hands-on experience in how a radio studio works (pre-recorded/live); running on a TV studio floor or location
- learning how to film and edit audio and visual content
- In addition, booking transport/accommodation and travel for crew and contributors
- looking after crew and contributors in a studio or on location
- compiling and distributing call sheets/scripts and other production paperwork
- answering phone calls and emails
YOu can apply for the program if you are any of the following:
- passionate about getting new voices, fresh ideas and previously untold stories to BBC audiences online, through social media, in podcasts or on TV or radio
- love using your creative thinking skills to develop ideas for content have a good understanding of its various platforms
- full of ideas about or skilled in, making and practically creating content through operating technical equipment in sound or vision
- eager to get hands-on experience in how a radio studio works and you love the potential that sound and radio have to reach the audience
- up-to-date with new technology and full of ideas on how to make it work to tell stories on the BBC’s digital platforms
- interested in, and understand how people ‘consume content’
- aware of BBC content and programmes as well of content in the wider media industry
- a great team-player
- keen to learn, have the motivation and ability to combine working in a professional media environment with apprenticeship study and additional training
- highly motivated, resilient and can rise to challenges that come your way
- you should also be flexible and adaptable
First, you need to be prepared to demonstrate what you have to offer along with your interests and abilities.
Initially, you will complete an application. It will be an advantage if you mention anything that will help you get a place on the scheme so that you can bring your unique voice to the BBC. Also, you should highlight any content areas that you’re particularly interested in or excited about.
BBC will invite selected applicants to a second stage application and then to an assessment centre. This might be followed by a final stage interview.
At the assessment centre, you’ll have a chance to know this scheme with a better view.
Due to the volume of applications, it could be up to three months until you hear from BBC about the outcome of your application.
Terms and Conditions
Please Note: that All Jobs and Opportunities Published on mucuruzi.com are completely free to apply. A candidate should never pay any fee during the recruitment Process. Even if mucuruzi.com does its best to avoid any scam job or opportunity offer, a job seeker or an opportunity seeker is 100% responsible of applying at his own risk.
Check well before applying, if you doubt about the eligibility of any offer do not apply and notifie to mucuruzi.com via this email: firstname.lastname@example.org and remember to never pay any fee to have a job or get any opportunity, if you do so, do it at your own risk.