Call for Applications for Internship at Interpeace Rwanda Interpeace: (Deadline 30 June 2022)
Call for Applications: Internship at Interpeace Rwanda
Job Title: Intern
Reports To: Finance and Administration Manager
Units: Global Operations & Programme Management
Duty Station: Kigali Rwanda
Duration: Six (6) months
Interpeace is an international organization for peacebuilding, headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland. Its aim is to strengthen the capacities of societies to manage conflict in non-violent, non-coercive ways by assisting national actors in their efforts to develop social and political cohesion. Interpeace also strives to assist the international community (and in particular the UN) to play a more effective role in supporting peacebuilding efforts around the world through better understanding and response to the challenges of creating local capacities that enhance social and political cohesion. For more information about Interpeace, please visit www.interpeace.org
Interpeace in Rwanda
Interpeace has been working in Rwanda since 2002. During this time, Interpeace has been working in
support of national institutions to strengthening durable peace, through the promotion of social cohesion, societal trauma healing, participatory governance, and regional collaboration. In this work, Interpeace has had long-term partnership with different national organizations, and we are also collaborating with the Ministry of Health, the National Unity and Reconciliation Commission, Ministry of Justice, Ministry of Local Governance and Rwanda Prison Fellowship, amongst others. Similarly, to our work in other countries, important programmes are our Rwanda Healing Programme: “Reinforcing community capacity for social cohesion through societal trauma healing in Bugesera District’’ Pilot Programme supported by the European Union. This programme which is being implemented in partnership with the PFR and in close collaboration with the Government of Rwanda through the NURC, is seeking to develop an approach to mental health in a specific post-conflict context, where community-based approaches have been identified as solutions to strengthening social cohesion in a post-genocide context, simultaneously contributing to socioeconomic development, and strengthening social cohesion. Our regional programmes are focused on fostering strong relations across borders.
Scope of work
Working as a member of the Rwanda healing Programme, under the supervision of the Finance & Administration Manager, the intern will provide support to Interpeace’s Rwanda Programme. S/he will gain insights into the process of programme management, budget development, report writing, concept note and proposal development and developing communication skills with internal and external stakeholders.
A skilled supervisor will guide and mentor the intern during the internship. This includes:
- Discussing and setting the development objectives for the internship period with the intern
- Providing the resources and support required to meet the requirements and development objectives of the internship
- Providing mentorship and regular feedback on performance
- Issuing an internship certificate
Specific duties include but are not limited to:
- Preparing minutes for assigned Programme’s meetings
- Contribute to drafting monthly updates of the Rwanda programme based on the monthly reports received from local partners and Interpeace’s field teams.
- Contribute to drafting of activity terms of references, in close collaboration with programme officers
- Scheduling and maintaining the Rwanda programme meeting calendar as guided by the Great Lakes Regional Representative and the programme team.
- Soliciting quotations from vendors when required.
- Assist in Interpeace travel bookings (hotel accommodations & air tickets) for both local and international travels.
- Scanning and uploading finance documents into FSD.
- Maintain updated Interpeace Rwanda files both physical and soft.
- Maintain an updated inventory list of Interpeace Rwanda office.
- Providing any additional support to Interpeace’s Rwanda team as needed.
Skills that the intern will develop and knowledge that the intern will acquire
- Acquire knowledge in the thematic areas covered by Interpeace Rwanda programme, particularly on issues around mental health, peacebuilding and incubation of livelihood initiatives.
- Project/programme management
- Strengthen drafting and communication skills
- Events planning & coordination
- Supporting teams with administration duties such us preparing activity requests and event expenditures reporting
- An understanding of basic accounting principles
- An understanding of basic procurement practices
- Basic knowledge of Quick books software
- Drafting written communication (minutes of the meetings, briefs, letters, e-mails, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Social Development studies or any other related field.
- Proven capacity to collaborate effectively with a range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Organizational and planning skills.
- Fluency in English language.
- Excellent knowledge of Kinyarwanda is required.
- Advanced writing and communications skills in either English or French is required
- Having experience of at least two years with international not for profit making organizations is an added value.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates may submit a complete curriculum vitae and a letter of intent to:
email@example.com. “Internship: Rwanda Programme” MUST BE included in the subject line of the application e-mail to be considered.
Please note that due to high volume of applications, ONLY short-listed candidates will be notified.
For more information about Interpeace, its values and working principles, please visit the Interpeace website www.interpeace.org.
The deadline for applications is 30 June 2022.
Interpeace values diversity among its staff and aims to achieve gender equality both through gender parity at all levels of the organisation and the promotion of a gender dimension in all its work. We welcome applications from women and men, and those with disabilities.
Terms and Conditions
Please Note: that All Jobs and Opportunities Published on mucuruzi.com are completely free to apply. A candidate should never pay any fee during the recruitment Process. Even if mucuruzi.com does its best to avoid any scam job or opportunity offer, a job seeker or an opportunity seeker is 100% responsible of applying at his own risk.
Check well before applying, if you doubt about the eligibility of any offer do not apply and notifie to mucuruzi.com via this email: firstname.lastname@example.org and remember to never pay any fee to have a job or get any opportunity, if you do so, do it at your own risk.