CERDI 2022-2025 PhD Scholarships for International Students: (Deadline 15 May 2022)
The CERDI (Centre d’Etudes et de Recherches sur le Développement International) offers several three-year scholarships for a PhD thesis in economics. Interested candidates are invited to submit their thesis proposal in a four-page document, which should describe the topic and the methodology that will be deployed.
About Centre d’Etudes et de Recherches sur le Développement International (CERDI)
The CERDI is a research centre on international development established in 1976. At that time, it was the first joint-unit between the CNRS – National Center for Scientific Research – and a French university dedicated to development economics. The CERDI gathers around 35 scholars from the CNRS, the IRD (French National Research Institute for Sustainable Development) and faculties from the Université Clermont Auvergne. Our economists are working on the macroeconomic and microeconomic aspects of economic development..
CERDI PhD Scholarships
- Type PhD
- Organization Centre d’Etudes et de Recherches sur le Développement International (CERDI)
- Country to study France
- School to study–
- Course to study Not specified
- State of Origin
- Gender Men and Women
- Application Deadline May 15, 2022
Aim and Benefits of CERDI PhD Scholarships
The scholarship will begin in October 2022. The selected candidates will be affiliated to the CERDI and to the Ecole Doctorale SEJPG (Sciences Economiques, Juridiques, Politiques et de Gestion).
Requirements for CERDI PhD Scholarships Qualification
The CERDI thesis proposal should be related to development economics, the domain of the CERDI. The department encourages proposals related to the following themes, which are ranked according to the priorities set by the department for this year and are associated to the list of potential supervisors:
- Development microeconomics (poverty, inequality, gender economics, economics of education, health economics).
- Development microeconomics (public finance, monetary economics, exchange rate policies, customs administration).
- Environmental and ecological economics (deforestation, agricultural economics and adaptation to climate change, circular economy).
- International economics (trade, foreign direct investments and international migration flows).
Thesis proposals that will also address the interplay between one of the four topics and natural disasters will be particularly appreciated (see the Scientific Challenge 4 of the CAP 2025 project).
Documents Required for Application
The application must include:
- Grade transcripts (undergraduate and graduate level).
- Curriculum vitae
- A letter of motivation
- Two references (to be included in the CV)
- A detailed research project of up to 4 pages; this project should demonstrate the ability of the candidate to address the proposed research questions
- (Optional): Second-year master thesis.
May 15, 2022
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to Centre d’Etudes et de Recherches sur le Développement International (CERDI) on docs.google.com to applyFor more details, visit CERDI website.
Terms and Conditions
Please Note: that All Jobs and Opportunities Published on mucuruzi.com are completely free to apply. A candidate should never pay any fee during the recruitment Process. Even if mucuruzi.com does its best to avoid any scam job or opportunity offer, a job seeker or an opportunity seeker is 100% responsible of applying at his own risk.
Check well before applying, if you doubt about the eligibility of any offer do not apply and notifie to mucuruzi.com via this email: email@example.com and remember to never pay any fee to have a job or get any opportunity, if you do so, do it at your own risk.