Charging Stations Network Manager at Ampersand Rwanda Ltd: (Deadline 12 February 2022)
Charging Stations network Manager
Are you ready to make a real difference? Do you want to help improve the lives of some of the most hardworking people in Africa, while also reducing carbon emissions? Do you want to use your skills to advance Africa towards a zero-carbon future, not just to make a living? Ampersand is your answer.
Headquartered in Kigali in Rwanda, Ampersand is achieving the world’s first true mass-market shift to electric vehicles, a vital tipping point in the fight against climate change, through providing electric motorcycles to moto-taxis drivers in East Africa. Our electric motorcycles offer savings that can double a driver’s income, in addition to reducing carbon emissions by more than 75%. Converting just one petrol motorbike to electric is the equivalent of the carbon captured by 128 trees.
We have successfully piloted an electric motorcycle and battery swap network in Kigali, with motorcycles in daily operation for two years and nearly 2 million km travelled. We have successfully raised $4M in venture capital. We are and are ready to further develop and scale up our tech and scale our operations. This is where you come in. This is where you come in. The team has grown from a tiny, bootstrapped R&D garage project into East Africa’s leading electric vehicle operation, with a team of 59 staff drawn from diverse backgrounds. We are rapidly scaling our operations, and we are looking for innovative professionals who are passionate about clean energy and environmental impact to lead and contribute to our rapid growth.
About the role
Ampersand is looking for a proven and established manager to lead our largest customer facing team in Kigali. The Charging Sector Manager will be responsible for all battery “swap” operations including the health of the charging network, battery pool, and performance of a distributed team.
The Charge Sector Manager will report directly to the Country Manager and hold the following responsibilities.
Team Leadership and Performance Management
- Manage a small team of deputies to lead a team of more than 100 talented station attendants.
- Build culture, maintain our values, and develop trust in a distributed organization.
- Engineer exceptional customer interaction and ensure customer service remains a top priority.
- Set quarterly priorities and strategies for sector operations, including systems of accountability for every team member.
- Develop, monitor, and react to network and performance KPIs, reporting upwards for support on a weekly basis.
- Standardize and document station operations and related processes.
Charge Network Operations
- Maintain the supply and availability of charged batteries in the network, including new battery distribution, battery balance between stations, and battery repair processes.
- Ensure the delivery of charge by maintaining station electrical supply lines and coordinating with local utilities providers.
- Ensure a healthy working environment by reinforcing Health and safety compliance and safe station infrastructure.
- Support partner teams in the identification and selection of network growth areas.
- Support in management of operations innovation trials to maximize battery longevity, software performance, and station efficiency.
Ampersand is a good fit if:
- You enjoy developing and mentoring teams
- You enjoy a culture of innovation and continuous improvement
- You are a proactive problem solver with a drive for results
- You are process oriented and have an attention to detail
- You are looking for an entrepreneurial company that values innovation and strong execution
- You like getting things done in the right way
- You value diversity and community in the workplace
We are seeking a qualified and experienced individual with a proven track record of managing large, and distributed teams:
- A minimum of 6 years of relevant work experience. Experience in managing large teams is required.
- A bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Experience with electrical supply or electrical utilities provisions.
- Experience with large team management
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written.
- Diligent with great attention to detail.
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- English speaking abilities.
A competitive compensation package commensurate with local market rates and experience including health insurance.
This role will be based in Kigali, Rwanda
The deadline:12th February 2022.
Terms and Conditions
Please Note: that All Jobs and Opportunities Published on mucuruzi.com are completely free to apply. A candidate should never pay any fee during the recruitment Process. Even if mucuruzi.com does its best to avoid any scam job or opportunity offer, a job seeker or an opportunity seeker is 100% responsible of applying at his own risk.
Check well before applying, if you doubt about the eligibility of any offer do not apply and notifie to mucuruzi.com via this email: email@example.com and remember to never pay any fee to have a job or get any opportunity, if you do so, do it at your own risk.