Conservation Technology Officer at Nyungwe Management Company Ltd: (Deadline 13 May 2022)
Nyungwe Management Company Ltd (NMC Ltd) has been created to manage Nyungwe National Park. NMC Ltd is seeking to recruit a suitable candidate to fill the post of Conservation Technology Officer in Nyungwe National Park. The candidate must be an enthusiastic, motivated and reliable individual,
Technically skilled with good problem-solving ability. The duties of Conservation Technology Officer include being a reference point for all Conservation Technology queries at the user levels, responding to user needs in a timely manner and ensuring the optimal running of all Technology systems, among other technical duties.
Conservation Technology Officer is expected to display good interpersonal skills, as he will interact with colleagues from on various levels.
Duties and Responsibilities of Conservation Technology Officer
- Daily onsite management of the application of technology with key focus on Law Enforcement and conservation activities.
- Programming of Conservation Applications, working with Law Enforcement to upgrade computer skills and data analyzing ability.
- Up keeping of LoRa and radio systems and working towards a fully integrated conservation technology solution for the park.
- VHF network management, including repeaters, Motorola, TRBO
- Earth Ranger management and integration
- ArcGIS management and integration
- Anti-virus and Windows update management
- VLAN, Unifi, Mikrotik management
- Implement Cyber tracker throughout the park and compile accurate portrayal of the information collected
- Ensure technology applications are functional at all times
- Upskill affiliated staff in entering data and analyzing data through ARC GIS and other software.
Suitable candidates for position of Conservation Technology Officer must meet the following criteria:
- Degree in computer science, computer systems administration, Conservation technology or related fields will be an advantage
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in conservation and technology industry in Rwanda or elsewhere.
- Hands-on mentality.
- Proven experience with Conservation Applications and technical tools.
- Ability to work with IT and Conservation technologies throughout Africa and the world.
- Good written and spoken English
- Driving license (Category B)
- Prepared to live onsite
- Good working knowledge of ARC GIS, Cyber tracker, Mototurbo and Tracking Collar software
- Good working knowledge of Conservation Monitoring Systems
- Between 20 and 40 years of age.
- Rwandan and from the region
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and collaboration skills.
NB Applications that are not meeting the above criteria will not be considered.
Interested candidates should forward their application letter together with all relevant documents to the email address provided below no later than 13th May 2022. The required documents should be submitted in scanned soft copies in pdf format (preferably as one document) on email@example.com . Successful candidate will begin with an immediate effect.
Applications must include the following documents:
- Application cover letter addressed to the Park Manager
- Stating where you heard about the position and why you should be considered
- Curriculum vitae including your personal details, education level and any experience
- Name, address and telephone numbers of three (3) references
- All the documents should be in one pdf document and named after your name and position, for example: Name, Nyungwe Con Tech, 2022.
Done in Nyungwe National Park on 28th April 2022
Terms and Conditions
Please Note: that All Jobs and Opportunities Published on mucuruzi.com are completely free to apply. A candidate should never pay any fee during the recruitment Process. Even if mucuruzi.com does its best to avoid any scam job or opportunity offer, a job seeker or an opportunity seeker is 100% responsible of applying at his own risk.
Check well before applying, if you doubt about the eligibility of any offer do not apply and notifie to mucuruzi.com via this email: firstname.lastname@example.org and remember to never pay any fee to have a job or get any opportunity, if you do so, do it at your own risk.