Consultancy-High Value Agri-Export Specialist at RTI International (RTI): (Deadline 14 July 2022)
Statement of Work
Short Term Technical Assistance in support of
Feed the Future Rwanda Kungahara Wagura Amasoko
TITLE: Recruitment of an individual consultant (STTA) to review the existing information needs and information sharing tools and platforms to support high-value agriculture export growth
LOCATION: Kigali, Rwanda
PERIOD OF PERFORMANCE: 24
LEVEL OF EFFORT: Up to24 days
Feed the Future Rwanda Kungahara Wagura Amasoko is a five-year USAID-funded initiative designed to inclusively and sustainably boost Rwanda’s economic growth by increasing the export of high-value agricultural products. Targeted high-value agricultural value chains include coffee, tea, horticulture and spices, livestock products (dairy and hides), and other emerging values chains (e.g., stevia, essential oils) within the districts of Bugesera, Kayonza, Ngoma, Gatsibo, Burera, Gakenke, Nyamagabe, Nyamasheke, Karongi, Rutsiro, Ngororero, Rubavu and Nyabihu.
Using a market systems approach, Kungahara Wagura Amasoko works with and through the Government of Rwanda (GOR), the private sector, and civil society to achieve the above goal. This includes implementation of the two following strategic objectives: (i) facilitate inclusive and resilience-focused policy reforms that promote agricultural export growth using evidence-based analysis and strengthen advocacy capacity of the private sector organizations, and (ii) support local actors (government and private sector) to attract, mobilize and direct public and private financing resources and/or investment towards increased agriculture and food exports.
Kungahara Wagura Amasoko aims to establish and/or promote information-sharing tools and platforms to provide stakeholders in the high-value agricultural export sector with real-time information such as certification, quality and standards, policy reforms, market assessments, feasibility studies, meeting minutes, export processes, freight availability, production volumes, land availability, and investment opportunities. Facilitating availability of such information is expected to support evidence-based decision-making by stakeholders such as anchor firms, investors and GoR’s institutions that will improve investment attraction and the value and volume of high-value agricultural exports.
Under this assignment, the overall responsibility of the consultant is to assess the current information needs of key stakeholders in the high-value agricultural export sector and assess the existing information sharing tools and platforms. The consultant will map out information challenges/gaps within the existing digital and non-digital tools, and platforms for information sharing and opportunities to consolidate information. They will then provide action-oriented recommendations to improve access to information by stakeholders to inform policy reforms and decision-making, which, in turn will support stakeholders in the high-value agriculture export sector to access information.
Specifically, the consultant will:
- Map out information needs of key stakeholders in the high-value agricultural export sector (e.g., exporters in tea, coffee, horticulture, dairy, hides and skins)
- Review existing information sharing digital and non-digital tools and platforms within the high-value agricultural export sector
- Compare existing information with information required by key actors in the high-value agricultural export sector to identify gaps within existing information sharing tools and platforms
- Map out opportunities to consolidate information for high-value agricultural export needs
- Based on the review, recommend effective mechanisms to establish or promote information-sharing tools and platforms to support high-value agricultural export sector growth
- Facilitate the validation of the findings and recommendations from the review with stakeholders
- Support the Kungahara Wagura Amasoko team, relevant ministries, and stakeholders to develop a workplan for information consolidation
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Master’s degree in agribusiness, agricultural economics, business administration, economics, agriculture, or similar fields, with 6 years of experience; or, Bachelor’s degree in the same fields with 8 years of experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Rwanda’s high-value agricultural export sector and stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct market research, gather and analyze data, and generate information for decision-making purposes.
- Demonstrated understanding of global best practices in information sharing digital tools and platforms.
- Proven track record conducting similar assignments.
- Previous experience supporting USAID-funded projects or other development organizations, or projects and programs preferred.
- Ability to work well in a team and with minimum supervision.
- Rwandan citizen.
- Oral and written fluency in English.
Qualified candidates must submit their applications by July 14th, 2022 at 5pm Kigali time. Applications must contain all items listed below in the specified format:
- Curriculum vitae (PDF format)
- One-page cover letter outlining similar/relevant work (PDF format)
- Total cost of conducting the assessment, including a breakdown of costs and materials (Excel format)
Terms and Conditions
Please Note: that All Jobs and Opportunities Published on mucuruzi.com are completely free to apply. A candidate should never pay any fee during the recruitment Process. Even if mucuruzi.com does its best to avoid any scam job or opportunity offer, a job seeker or an opportunity seeker is 100% responsible of applying at his own risk.
Check well before applying, if you doubt about the eligibility of any offer do not apply and notifie to mucuruzi.com via this email: firstname.lastname@example.org and remember to never pay any fee to have a job or get any opportunity, if you do so, do it at your own risk.