Country Director – Rwanda
Requirements in a nutshell
Education: Masters or Ph.D. in Economics, Econometrics, Development Research, or in one of Laterite’s core sectors.
Experience: 8 years of experience managing complex research projects, growing research or business pipelines, and leading and mentoring research teams.
Must-have: Quantitative data analysis skills in Stata
Laterite is looking for an experienced professional to provide strategic direction, oversee research projects, and lead and mentor research teams in our office in Kigali, Rwanda.
Laterite is a data, research, and technical advisory firm that helps clients understand and analyze complex development challenges. We work with universities, global think tanks, international NGOs, multilateral donor organizations, and government ministries and agencies. Our clients include, for example, the World Bank, USAID, TechnoServe, Promundo, the Mastercard Foundation, and several UN agencies.
Our network of offices currently includes the Netherlands, Rwanda, Ethiopia, Kenya, and Uganda. The team brings together more than 60 full-time local and international staff, as well as 1,000 enumerators across countries, in a dynamic work environment. We are proud to be a culturally diverse organization.
You can find out more about Laterite on our website at: www.laterite.com
Job Description & Key Responsibilities
Laterite was founded in Rwanda in 2010, and Kigali is our oldest and largest office, both in terms of team size and volume of work. The team in Rwanda comprises about 10 researchers (from entry-level Research Analysts to Research Managers), 15 data collection experts, 3 data quality specialists, and a finance and admin team. Our project portfolio in Rwanda is varied and ranges from data collection (including mixed-methods studies with observational assessments or anthropometric measurement modules) to long-term learning partnerships. The Rwanda team works across all our key sectors with the majority of projects in education, public health, and early childhood development topics.
Within this context, our Country Director in Rwanda is responsible for:
- Overseeing office operations, including contributing to corporate strategy, process improvements, and financial and personnel management.
- Building and managing the pipeline of research projects, turning internal research ideas into externally funded projects, and designing evaluations for clients.
- Developing and managing relationships and communication with Laterite clients and government officials.
- Taking a lead in identifying opportunities for organizational growth and innovation, be it from a technical, learning, or business perspective.
- Providing technical leadership in all aspects of our work, including on program and impact evaluation design, sampling methods, and data analysis and modelling.
- Supporting the development of our research team, including coaching, mentoring, and/or training to develop their skills.
- Maintaining and promoting Laterite’s office culture, sustaining a very friendly and collaborative atmosphere, a fast-working pace, high standards, and a strong desire for innovation and learning.
We are looking for an accomplished researcher with experience managing complex projects, growing research or business pipelines, and leading and mentoring teams.
- Masters or Ph.D. degree in Economics, Econometrics, Development Research, or in one of Laterite’s core sectors.
- 8 years of experience managing complex projects, growing research or business pipelines, and leading and mentoring teams.
- Strong quantitative data analysis skills and proficiency in Stata
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English
- Experience living and working in different cultural settings
- Motivation to work in social and economic research in Rwanda
In addition, we welcome:
- Previous work experience in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, self-motivation and drive to flourish in a fast-paced environment, where timelines can often be unpredictable.
- Knowledge of Python and/or R
We invite you to complete our application form: https://form.jotform.com/212343650410543 and submit your CV and a cover letter describing your experience in leading teams of researchers in development research projects, as well as your experience in leading an organization, department, or program, including financial and operational management.
We will contact successful applicants to discuss next steps. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis, so we encourage you to apply ASAP.
The deadline:18th November 2021
Terms and Conditions
Please Note: that All Jobs and Opportunities Published on mucuruzi.com are completely free to apply. A candidate should never pay any fee during the recruitment Process. Even if mucuruzi.com does its best to avoid any scam job or opportunity offer, a job seeker or an opportunity seeker is 100% responsible of applying at his own risk.
Check well before applying, if you doubt about the eligibility of any offer do not apply and notifie to mucuruzi.com via this email: email@example.com and remember to never pay any fee to have a job or get any opportunity, if you do so, do it at your own risk.