Data Analyst at Palladium Rwanda Limited: (Deadline 17 December 2021)
About Palladium – Palladium is a global leader in the design, development, and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with governments, businesses, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing challenges. With a team of more than 3,000 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of over 35,000 experts, we help improve economies, societies, and, most importantly, people’s lives.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion – We welcome applications from all sections of society and actively encourage diversity to drive innovation, creativity, success, and good practice. We positively welcome and seek to ensure we achieve diversity in our workforce; and that all job applicants and employees receive equal and fair treatment regardless of their background or personal characteristics. These include (but are not limited to) socio-economic background, age, race, gender identity, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, veteran, marital or Indigenous status.
Should you require any adjustments or accommodations to be made due to a disability or you are a neurodivergent individual or any other circumstance, please email our team at email@example.com
Safeguarding – We define Safeguarding as “the preventative action taken by Palladium to protect our people, clients, and the communities we work with from harm”. We are committed to ensuring that all children and adults who come into contact with Palladium are treated with respect and are free from abuse. All successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced selection process including safeguarding-focused interviews and a rigorous due diligence process.
Project Overview and Role:
The USAID-funded Rwanda Integrated Health Systems Activity (RIHSA) seeks to support the Ministry of Health in strengthening Rwanda’s health system to provide quality health care for Rwandans while building the capacity of the GOR to move away from a donor-financed health system to self-reliance. The project is aimed at achieving two major objectives:
- Reduce financial barriers to health care through a mix of public and private interventions and provide tools for improved domestic resource mobilization and improve health care financing for the GOR.
- Improve the quality of essential health services at national, facility, and community levels utilizing a health systems approach.
Through a focus on financing and quality, RIHSA provides technical assistance to the GOR on various strategies, tools, and approaches that will allow Rwanda to sustainably fund its healthcare system and provide quality care at all levels. The Activity is implemented by a consortium led by Palladium International LLC (Palladium) in partnership with RTI International, the Council for Health Service Accreditation of Southern Africa (COHSASA), Zenysis Technologies, and the Rwanda Agency for Accreditation and Quality of Healthcare (RAAQH).
RIHSA is seeking to recruit a Data Analyst who will play a key role in data mining, cleaning, and analysis to inform evidence-based policy decision-making from activities being implemented by RIHSA in close coordination with the Ministry of Health (MOH), Rwanda Social Security Board (RSSB), Rwanda Biomedical Centre (RBC), Ministry of Finance and Economic Planning (MINECOFIN) and other central government entities. The data analyst will also support activities that involve decentralized levels efforts including district management teams effectively use of data to make evidence-based decisions.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in all project-related statistical data analysis, as well as play a coordinating role in several field research activities, including preparing, cleaning, and conducting analysis as well as leading quality assurance on all relevant data
- Assist in technical research and analysis related to the project activities in health financing
- Assist in analytical presentations and produce technical documents (technical briefs, presentations, guidelines, analytical notes, training materials) to support the assistance provided to MOH, RSSB and other government partners
- Conduct literature reviews, formulate and synthesize reports on relevant project thematic topics
- Stays abreast of key developments in health financing, budget advocacy, community-based health insurance, and resource allocation innovations and interventions in Rwanda to inform technical activities under the project.
- Conduct projections and domestic resource mobilization analyses towards the formulation of recommendations
- Collaborate with the Health Financing team in developing technical strategies, approaches, and plans, implementing activities and monitoring progress towards project targets and deliverables.
- Responsible for research standards and ethics
- Interact with internal and external resources and other experts to bring new and “cutting edge” ideas into approaches
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities as assigned
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in health economics, statistics, economics, data science, public health, health services research, population studies, or a related field with at least 2 years of work experience. A Master’s in any of the above disciplines is desirable.
- Solid analytical and statistics foundation and knowledge of a variety of economic evaluation methods (e.g., regressions, modelling, cost-effectiveness analysis, etc.)
- Excellent problem solving and strong quantitative skills
- Experience in modelling and data visualization using Microsoft Excel, R, Stata, SPSS, or Python.
- Experience managing, cleaning, and analyzing data, preferably large data.
- Experience in field data collection will be an advantage
- Ability to focus on vaguely defined problems requiring the application of a creative approach
- Strong team-working skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including delivery of compelling presentations and documents in Microsoft PowerPoint and Word
How to apply
Candidates should submit a CV and a cover letter detailing their interest and aptitude for this position by the link:https://palladium.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/2/home/requisition/12426?c=palladium
The deadline: December 17, 2021.
Terms and Conditions
Please Note: that All Jobs and Opportunities Published on mucuruzi.com are completely free to apply. A candidate should never pay any fee during the recruitment Process. Even if mucuruzi.com does its best to avoid any scam job or opportunity offer, a job seeker or an opportunity seeker is 100% responsible of applying at his own risk.
Check well before applying, if you doubt about the eligibility of any offer do not apply and notifie to mucuruzi.com via this email: firstname.lastname@example.org and remember to never pay any fee to have a job or get any opportunity, if you do so, do it at your own risk.