DHMT Functions Technical Advisor at Ingenuity Ltd: (Deadline 11 October 2021)
Land Trade House Building, Suite 209
Remera; Gasabo Kigali
Announcing an open position for
Title: DHMT Functions Technical Advisor (1 position)
OPEN TO: Interested national candidates
OPENING DATE: October 4, 2021
CLOSING DATE: October 11, 2021
WORK HOURS: Full-time (40 hours per week)
LENGTH OF HIRE: Long Term Employment
Ingenuity Ltd. is a public health consulting firm in Rwanda that provides services in areas of health programs design and implementation, health management systems, health policy and strategy design, and technical assistance across a number of health clinical areas.
Ingenuity Ltd seeks to hire a highly qualified, dedicated, and experienced national for the position of DHMT Functions Technical Advisor ‘Ingobyi’ Activity–– a five-year USAID-funded Activity implemented by an IntraHealth International-led consortium. Ingobyi Activity aims to improve the quality of reproductive, maternal, newborn, and child health (RMNCH) and malaria services, in a sustainable manner with the goal of reducing infant and maternal mortality in Rwanda. The position will be based in Kigali and report to the Ingenuity Ltd Managing Director.
Purpose: in close consultation with Ingenuity Managing Director, and Ingbyi Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Director, this position will support DHMT to fulfill their roles as stipulated in the District health system re-organization guideline, by operationalizing HealthAppex through training of the DHMT members, self-assessments (by DHMTs) and audits (by MoH, Ingobyi and others as deemed relevant) quarterly. The audit findings will guide the development of solutions to address key challenges.
- Leads the process of implementing the district health system re-organization guideline, to reflect the current developments in the DHMT roles responsibilities, and composition among others, their alignment with the responsibilities of the District Health Unit, the District Joint Action Development Forum (DJAF) among others.
- Together with Ingobyi zonal technical teams, trains members of DHMT with respect to their updated roles.
- In collaboration with Ingobyi MEL Director and MoH counterparts, identifies and develops a list of users of the HealthAppex with all required information to use for user system set up and configuration and updates as needed.
- Attends training on HealthAppex delivered by the Content Expert and works with the Data Analyst Dashboard Technical Expert to ensure mastery and subsequent knowledge transmission to district health leaders
- Develops and continually updates the training program for HealthAppex users.
- Trains users of HealthAppex identified, records and reports on system areas needing upgrades to optimize system performance
- In collaboration with the MEL Director, Digital Health Officer, Data Analyst/Dashboard Technical Expert, and other project staff, MoH plus relevant stakeholders, supports district to select key indicators for tracking and action by members of the DHMT.
- Conducts close follow-up with DHMTs in implementing quarterly self-assessments using HealthAppex, in close coordination with the zonal technical team, specifically zonal coordinators. Ensures that all data is submitted timely to the Data Analyst/Dashboard Technical Expert, and provides necessary interpretations to the data, seeks clarification from DHMT point of contact as needed.
- Together with zonal coordinators, plans, and implements the quarterly DHMT functionality verifications. Compiles, analyses data from the process, convenes and moderates feedback workshops to discuss and chart a way forward based on audit results.
- Together with zonal coordinators, supports DHMTs to develop realistic action to the identified challenges and.
- Together with zonal coordinators, supports DHMTs to develop strategies that address the identified verification gaps, works with the Zonal Coordinators to ensure follow-up and action to ensure sustained improvement.
- Together with zonal coordinators, explores avenues, develops and implements strategies that allow closer coordination of DHMT with the DJAF.
- Collaborates with the Data Analyst/Dashboard Technical Expert and other project staff to identify pertinent health challenges and brings these to the attention of DHMTs to develop solutions.
- Helps DMHT and zonal teams to identify and document lessons and best practices for sharing at the Quarterly Districts Coordination Meetings and/or, with DHMTs in other districts to facilitate district-to-district learning.
- Demonstrates effective communication skills to develop written and oral program materials.
- Plans and completes work assignments with a high degree of initiative, good judgment, analytical skill, and integrity.
- Participates in Ingobyi Activity planning meetings, progress review meetings, and Technical Working Group, and provides relevant technical inputs
- Participate in key MEL team planning and review meetings to coordinate and review tasks.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Required Education & Experience
- Master’s in Public Health, Development Studies, Health Policy and/or related fields
- Minimum of 5 years work experience in related positions
- Good analytical, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Competent in the use of computers and basic computer programs such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Experience in program development, implementation, having worked with sub-national level is an asset.
- Experience working on USAID-funded and MoH is an advantage.
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to work well with others;
- Ability to listen and communicate well both verbally and in writing;
- Ability to work independently and accomplish tasks with minimal supervision;
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
How to Apply:
Applicants should submit CVs and application letters electronically to the following email address: email@example.com copying firstname.lastname@example.org indicating in the subject line the position for which the candidate is applying, not later than 11 October 2021 at 5:00 pm Kigali time. Hard copies will be rejected.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the tests. If you are not contacted within one week from the deadline date, please consider that your application was not successful.
Terms and Conditions
Please Note: that All Jobs and Opportunities Published on mucuruzi.com are completely free to apply. A candidate should never pay any fee during the recruitment Process. Even if mucuruzi.com does its best to avoid any scam job or opportunity offer, a job seeker or an opportunity seeker is 100% responsible of applying at his own risk.
Check well before applying, if you doubt about the eligibility of any offer do not apply and notifie to mucuruzi.com via this email: email@example.com and remember to never pay any fee to have a job or get any opportunity, if you do so, do it at your own risk.