Driver at African Evangelistic Enterprise (AEE RWANDA): (Deadline 20 October 2021)
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT 7
JOB DESCRIPTION FOR A DRIVER AT AEE RWANDA
Job Title: Driver
Reports to: Logistics Officer
About AEE Rwanda
African Evangelistic Enterprise (AEE) is a Christian local relief, development, and advocacy organization established in 1987 and dedicated to working with children, families, and their communities to address root causes of poverty and injustice.
AEE Rwanda currently implements projects in Education, Nutrition, WASH, Agriculture, Youth entrepreneurship, Improved livelihood and Peacebuilding, and reconciliation. The organization has over 200 staff and implements its projects through community-based partners, with strong coordination/collaboration with Government of Rwanda structures.
The AEE driver is responsible for driving AEE staff, guests, partners, and other associates. He/ She is also responsible of other key duties such as regular maintenance of vehicles including ensuring that registration and insurance documents are kept up to date as well as providing basic logistics support to the program and support team.
- Drive staff/guests or partners in a safe, timely, and controlled manner.
- Ensure proper use of AEE Vehicles in accordance with AEE travel and vehicle policies.
- Monitor and implement regular vehicle maintenance plan.
- Review maintenance Logs and recommend changes as necessary.
- Ensure all staff/guests or partners have and travel with appropriate authorizations as per applicable policies.
- Ensure that paper vehicle logs are maintained up to date.
- Support procurement and logistics activities through collection/distribution of documents and goods.
- Provide basic administrative support to the Programs when required.
Typical Background, Experience & Requirements:
Education and Experience
- Minimum valid driving license Category B and C
- High school certificate(A2) or 3 years Vocational/technical training certificate.
- Strong ability to read and interpret traffic policies and regulations
- Minimum of three years’ driving experience, preferably in an NGO.
- Having knowledge in mechanics automobile preferred.
- Basic knowledge in MS Office packages is advantageous.
- Able to communicate in basic written and spoken English
- Ability to work collaboratively.
- Physical fitness.
- Ability to work smoothly in a multi-cultural environment while building good teamwork spirit.
- High tolerance rate for working under pressure and dealing with diversified cultures and tense situations.
- Customer services approach.
- Ability to work diligently and independently
- Maturity and discretion.
Required/Desired Foreign Language
- French and English as working languages.
Key Working Relationships:
Internal: All staff
External: Partners and Guests
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
How to apply:
Please submit the following documents in a single file attachment to the following email firstname.lastname@example.org (please indicate in the subject -application for AEE Driver).
- Motivation/application letter explaining your suitability for the position (maximum 1page)
- Curriculum Vitae (maximum 2 pages) and notarized copies of academic documents
- 2 referees that are not blood relatives with their full address/contact.
- Recommendation from your church leader, issued within 6 months period
- Copy of your National ID
- Copy of your valid driving license Category B or C
Deadline for application: Wednesday 20th October 2021 at 5 pm.
Please, include the below statement in your motivation letter:
“By applying to this job, I understand and acknowledge that AEE requires its staff to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation, and human trafficking. Further, I understand that if I am a successful candidate, I will be subject to a comprehensive background check, and my personal/professional references will be asked to evaluate my behaviors related to the above safeguarding-related topics”
Due to the anticipated high interest in this post and the expected number of applicants, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Kigali, Rwanda October 11, 2021
Terms and Conditions
Please Note: that All Jobs and Opportunities Published on mucuruzi.com are completely free to apply. A candidate should never pay any fee during the recruitment Process. Even if mucuruzi.com does its best to avoid any scam job or opportunity offer, a job seeker or an opportunity seeker is 100% responsible of applying at his own risk.
Check well before applying, if you doubt about the eligibility of any offer do not apply and notifie to mucuruzi.com via this email: email@example.com and remember to never pay any fee to have a job or get any opportunity, if you do so, do it at your own risk.