Driver at UNDP – United Nations Development Programme: (Deadline 31 May 2022)
- driving office vehicles for the transport of Heads of UNDP office, other high-ranking officials and visitors and delivery and collection of mail, documents and other items,
- meeting official personnel and visitors at the airport including visa and customs formalities arrangements when required.
- Uses training opportunities to stay up to date on related UN rules and regulations, safety standards and policies, any practical training exposure
Ensures cost-savings through proper use of vehicles through:
- accurate maintenance of daily vehicle logs,
- provision of inputs for preparation of the vehicle maintenance plans and reports.
Ensures appropriate day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle through:
- timely minor repairs, arrangements for major repairs, timely servicing of vehicle [changes of oil etc.], check of tires, brakes, car washing, etc.
- availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle logs, office directory, map of the city/country, first aid kit, and necessary spare parts in the assigned vehicle.
Supports the administrative team with:
- conveyance of office documents to government ministries
- support on other related administrative tasks.
Ensures that all immediate actions required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accidents:
- inputs for security reporting, etc.
Think Innovatively: LEVEL 1: Open to creative ideas/known risks, is pragmatic problem solver, makes improvements
Learn Continuously: LEVEL 1: Open minded and curious, shares knowledge, learns from mistakes, asks for feedback
Adapt with Agility: LEVEL 1: Adapts to change, constructively handles ambiguity/uncertainty, is flexible
Act with Determination: LEVEL 1: Shows drive and motivation, able to deliver calmly in face of adversity, confident
Engage and Partner: LEVEL 1: Demonstrates compassion/understanding towards others, forms positive relationships
Enable Diversity and Inclusion: LEVEL 1: Appreciate/respect differences, aware of unconscious bias, confront discrimination
- Operational Effectiveness-Effective performance: Ability to perform routine tasks, handle volume of work as needed [multi-task], able to deliver within rules and regulations. Can manage data, handle documents efficiently
- Administration & Operations -Vehicle management: Knowledge of policy & procedures on fleet management
- Administration & Operations -Insurance management: Knowledge of policy and procedures on insurance; ability to conduct risk assessment to procure coverage; to ensure relevant tracking and reporting
- Administration & Operations – Documents and records management: Overall document (hard or electronic) management; registry and retention policy including storing and archiving
- Security Services -Safety management (including Air, Road, Fire); Knowledge of air, road, and fire safety programmes/systems and ability to assess risks and identify mitigation measures
- Administration & Operations – Travel policy and procedures: Knowledge of travel policy and procedures; ability to interpret travel policy, the Staff Rules, administrative circulars and financial regulations and rules on travel related matters
- Secondary Education is required. Valid Driver’s license.
- Minimum 3 years’ work experience as a driver; safe driving record; knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repair.
- UN experience would be an advantage.
- Fluency in English and Kinyarwanda.
Terms and Conditions
Please Note: that All Jobs and Opportunities Published on mucuruzi.com are completely free to apply. A candidate should never pay any fee during the recruitment Process. Even if mucuruzi.com does its best to avoid any scam job or opportunity offer, a job seeker or an opportunity seeker is 100% responsible of applying at his own risk.
Check well before applying, if you doubt about the eligibility of any offer do not apply and notifie to mucuruzi.com via this email: firstname.lastname@example.org and remember to never pay any fee to have a job or get any opportunity, if you do so, do it at your own risk.