Driver (Karongi WASH Program) at Water For People-: (Deadline 11 July 2022)
Job Title: Driver (Karongi WASH Program)
Reports to: Human Resources and Logistics Assistant
Duty Station: Rwanda – Karongi District
Water For People is an international non-governmental organization (NGO) that works with people and partners to develop innovative and long-lasting solutions to the water, sanitation, and hygiene problems in the developing countries. The organization strives to continually improve, to experiment with promising new ideas, and to leverage resources to multiply its impact. Water For People is currently operating in 9 countries including Rwanda where Water For People is currently supporting WASH in the Districts of Rulindo, Kicukiro, Gicumbi, and Karongi.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The Driver will technically support the implementation of programs in accordance with Water For People annual work plan and within Water For People Rwanda Team management structure, the Driver will report to the Human Resources and Logistics Assistant.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Drive office vehicles for the transportation of Water For People staff and visitors, and other authorized personnel;
- Transport Water For People staff goods to their destination in a safe, responsible, and timely manner;
- Collection and delivery of mail, documents, and other courier items in a safe, responsible and timely manner;
- Ensure that all assignments and trips are authorized, embarked on, and completed on time, with all travel and delivery requirements as per the office standards;
- Oversee the day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicles including checking the oil, water, battery, brakes, tires, etc., and log them in the start-of-the-day checklist;
- Perform minor repairs and/or arrange for other repairs by logging and urgently reporting to the supervisor;
- Ensure that vehicles are driven safely, optimizing engines use, economizing fuel as well as minimizing wear and tear;
- Report to the supervisor all vehicle maintenance problems, incidents, accidents, and damage using official forms;
- Guard vehicles against theft and vandals and ensure that vehicles are locked and parked in the officially assigned locations;
- Ensure that the steps required by Water For People staff rules and regulations are taken into consideration in case of involvement in an incident or accident or damage to the vehicle;
- Appropriately Log official trips, daily mileage, gas consumption, oil changes, greasing, etc. using the available logbooks before and after each trip;
- Submit assigned vehicle performance and activities accounted for at the end of every week to the supervisor;
- Ensure full accountability for time, assignments, and activities on a weekly basis to the supervisor;
- Ensure the cleanliness of the vehicle at all times.
- Respect the speed limits and obey all other Rwanda traffic laws when driving Water For People staff vehicles;
- Be flexible to work longer hours, after hours and weekends, and when necessary or in an emergency;
- Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor, or any other Water For People staff Senior Management staff.
EDUCATION, TECHNICAL SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
- High school diploma is mandatory,
- Valid Rwanda driver’s license Level B is mandatory,
- Excellent driving skills with a minimum of 5 years experience as a driver with a good driving record
- Experience in filling logbooks and producing the related reports is highly required
- Experience in managing fuel consumption is highly required
- Holder of qualification in Vehicle Maintenance and Repairs is highly required
- Experience in driving through the remote parts of the country is highly required
- Experience in working with International organizations is an added advantage
- Good judgment in traffic and knowledge of traffic patterns
- Good knowledge about car mechanics is an added advantage
- Basic computer skills
- Good communication in English and Kinyarwanda language skills are required
KEY BEHAVIORS & ABILITIES:
- Flexible, effective teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Well-organized, systematic, careful, responsible, trustworthy, and punctual
- A team player – personable, caring, helpful, reliable, and diplomatic
- Good personal grooming and personal presentation
- Willingness to work long and irregular hours, shift duty, and on public holidays as required
- Willingness to take regular and extensive travel to Water For People project areas
- Commitment to the aims and goals of Water For People
- Discreet and respectful of confidentiality
- Able to work under little to no supervision.
Salary Range: Rwanda expected gross salary range: Rwf 2,700,000- Rwf 6,400,000 per year.
The actual salary will be determined based on experience and other job-related factors.
Benefits: Benefits are one of the ways we encourage healthy living for you and your family. Our generous package includes medical and life insurance, annual leave allocation equal to one month of salary at the end of the fiscal year, and other benefits in accordance with the Rwanda labor law.
How to Apply:
If you are both qualified and Water For People interests you, please visit our Career Center and apply with the following documents no later than Friday, July 11, 2022, 5:00 PM:
- Your signed cover letter addressed to the Ag. Country Director- Water For People in Rwanda
- Your high school diploma
- Your Valid Rwanda driver’s license Level/Category B
- Your updated Curriculum vitae (CV/ resume) with 3 references.
- Your mechanical certificate
- Three (3) recommendations from your previous employers.
Water For People is committed to protecting children encountered during our work and by our employees, preventing sexual abuse and exploitation of all individuals with a particular focus on women and children and other marginalized communities in the performance of our work, preventing human trafficking in the performance of our work and our supply chain and to having a drug-free workplace. During the recruitment processes, additional documentation will be requested to comply with our policies and in accordance with the legal requirements in your country of residency, this includes a background check. If you apply for employment, we want you to be aware of our recruitment, selection, and hiring processes including important policies regarding employee conduct.
Water For People is committed to protecting children encountered during our work and by our employees, preventing sexual abuse and exploitation of all individuals with a particular focus on women and children and other marginalized communities in the performance of our work, preventing human trafficking in the performance of our work and in our supply chain and to having a drug-free workplace. During the recruitment processes, additional documentation will be requested to comply with our policies and in accordance with the legal requirements in your country of residency, this includes a background check. If you apply for employment, we want you to be aware of our recruitment, selection, and hiring processes including important policies regarding employee conduct.
Water For People is an equal opportunity employer who is committed to creating a culture of justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion in our workplace. Water for people strives to create and maintain a level of diversity that reflects the communities we serve. Achieving this—regardless of race, ethnicity, ancestry, tribal affiliation, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, veteran status, disability, socioeconomic class, educational attainment, Parental status, genetic information, political affiliation or other social identities is critical to our ability to have a world where every person has access to reliable and safe water and sanitation services.
Our commitment ensures that we:
- Have a different array of thinking that comes from diverse backgrounds and cultures, enabling us to solve some of the world’s greatest challenges.
- Strive for a culture of inclusion and belonging by treating each other with dignity, respect, and appreciation enabling us to feel welcome, supported, and valued.
- Effectively connect, communicate, and build long-lasting relationships with stakeholders within our diverse communities.
- Have a diversity of thought, perspectives, backgrounds, identities, and talents that will support our mission to develop high-quality drinking water and sanitation services that are available to Everyone Forever.
Done at Kigali, on July 6, 2022
Ag. Country Director
Terms and Conditions
Please Note: that All Jobs and Opportunities Published on mucuruzi.com are completely free to apply. A candidate should never pay any fee during the recruitment Process. Even if mucuruzi.com does its best to avoid any scam job or opportunity offer, a job seeker or an opportunity seeker is 100% responsible of applying at his own risk.
Check well before applying, if you doubt about the eligibility of any offer do not apply and notifie to mucuruzi.com via this email: email@example.com and remember to never pay any fee to have a job or get any opportunity, if you do so, do it at your own risk.