Due Diligence Officer at Pact Rwanda: (Deadline 14 July 2022)
Position Title: Due diligence officer Office Location: Kigali, Rwanda
Supervisor Name: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx Supervisor Title: Deputy project manager
New or Replacement: New Position Full or Part-Time: Full-Time
Expected Project End Date: 12/31/2022
Date of Submission: 6/23/2022
At the heart of Pact is the promise of a better tomorrow. A nonprofit international development organization founded in 1971, Pact works on the ground in nearly 40 countries to improve the lives of those who are challenged by poverty and marginalization. We serve these communities because we envision a world where everyone owns their future. To do this, we build systemic solutions in partnership with local organizations, businesses, and governments that create sustainable and resilient communities where those we serve are heard, capable, and vibrant.
Pact is a recognized global leader in international development. Our staff have a range of expertise in areas including public health, capacity development, governance and civil society, natural resource management, poverty, fragile states, monitoring and evaluation, small-scale and artisanal mining, microfinance and more. This expertise is combined in Pact’s unique integrated approach, which focuses on systemic changes needed to improve people’s lives.
Pact seeks a Due diligence officer for the ITSCI Rwanda program. Pact is a non-profit international development organization with a purpose to enable poor and marginalized people in the developing world to earn a dignified living, be healthy, and take part in the benefits that nature provides. Pact is collaborating with ITA (International Tin Association), a tin industry membership organization, mineral traders and exporters, and Governments in the Great Lakes region to implement a chain of custody and due diligence scheme called the International Tin Supply Chain Initiative (ITSCI). ITSCI allows buyers along the supply chain to determine the source of the raw minerals being produced and traded in the DRC and adjoining countries including Rwanda. In Rwanda, Pact implements the ITSCI programme in partnership with Rwanda Mines, Petroleum and Gas Board (RMB). We are now looking to scale up this solution throughout the Great Lakes Region.
The due diligence officer will be supervised by the Field Coordinator and will monitor compliance of ITSCI members to the OECD due diligence guidelines; the staff will provide technical support on ground to ensure that mining operators comply with ITSCI scheme procedures in production and commercialization of 3Ts minerals (Tin, Tantalum, Tungsten)
- Monitoring the trends in mineral production for each company in the zone and gathering progressive technical information on those trends
- Maintain good relationships with relevant stakeholders, including state staff and the mining community in Rwanda
- Planning, organizing, and monitoring of field activities
- Report on any abnormalities in the 3Ts mineral supply chain through ITSCI incident reporting protocol
- Conduct descriptive studies on mine sites status through Baseline Reporting Protocols
- Identify the needs and challenges from field activities
- Organize and attend meetings with stakeholders
- Attend and participate in training of state agents to ensure that the data are clearly and accurately recorded in the logbooks
- Provide daily security situation analyses of the sites and any other information deemed necessary for the proper functioning of the Project.
- Prepare a consistent monthly report of activities in English.
- Documenting stories from the field describing the impact of the project on the mining communities.
- Ensure efficient use of resources allocated to the field activities
- Supporting district mining task forces in the follow up of issues rose in the mineral supply chain.
- Monthly field plan, sharing the joint decisions on joint visits with the government staff
- Provide any technical support during mineral tagging by the RMB staff and apply analytical interpretation on the origin of minerals
- Conduct awareness campaigns on project activities.
- Perform other tasks requested by the project
- Undergraduate degree in Natural Resources management/geography or other related earth science with at least three years of relevant experience; however, a Master’s degree would be an asset.
- Understanding the Dodd-Frank Act, officially called the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act, and its implication on the great lakes minerals supply chain
- Understanding the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights (UNGPs) and their implication on the minerals supply chain in the Great Lakes Region
- Understanding supply chains mechanisms and associated risks
- Possess strong oral and written communication skills and be able to establish and maintain positive relationships with colleagues and partners
- Knowledge of OECD due diligence guidance for responsible supply chains of minerals from conflict-affected and high-risk areas is highly desirable
- Understanding the “Best Practices” for implementing the OECD Due Diligence Guidance
- Have an interest in ITSCI’s mission and work
- Fluency in speaking and writing English
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Strong negotiation skills and problem solving skills
- Experience with training, coaching, and mentoring
- Demonstrated success implementing programming at the community level
Only Local candidates are eligible to apply
Female candidates are encouraged to apply
Number of candidates: 1
Pact is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Pact will never request any payment or fees to apply for a position.
Pact will only contact successful candidates; if you do not hear from us, please consider your application unsuccessful.
How to apply
Interested candidates may submit a motivation letter and CV to: email@example.com not later than 14 July 2022 mentioning the position title as a subject to the e-mail.
Terms and Conditions
Please Note: that All Jobs and Opportunities Published on mucuruzi.com are completely free to apply. A candidate should never pay any fee during the recruitment Process. Even if mucuruzi.com does its best to avoid any scam job or opportunity offer, a job seeker or an opportunity seeker is 100% responsible of applying at his own risk.
Check well before applying, if you doubt about the eligibility of any offer do not apply and notifie to mucuruzi.com via this email: firstname.lastname@example.org and remember to never pay any fee to have a job or get any opportunity, if you do so, do it at your own risk.