Environment Social Health and Safety (ESHS) Engineer at ANDRITZ Hydro GmbH: (Deadline 10 August 2022)
The Governments of Burundi, Rwanda and Tanzania have agreed to develop a joint project, the Regional Rusumo Falls Hydropower Project (RRFHP), with the objective of generating 80 MW that will be shared equitably among the three countries. The RRFHP project is a Nile Basin Initiative key project prepared through Nile Equatorial Lakes Subsidiary Action Program (NELSAP).
ANDRITZ Hydro GmbH has signed a contract with NELSAP as RRFHP Contractor for electro-mechanical works.
Therefore, ANDRITZ Hydro GmbH wants to recruit an Environment Social Health and Safety (ESHS) Engineer with the following requirements:
Ensure that organization achieves the required Environment Social Health and Safety standards as per the local low’s customer and other stake holder’s requirements.
- Maintain Environment Social Health and Safety standards while complying with local and international compliance.
- Support site team to implement Safe Work Procedures for the safe execution of the works,
- Perform formal inspections and audits to ensure compliance with the relevant ESHS legislation, standards, and world bank requirements.
- Issuing the permit to work for all risk activities at the site.
- Conduct required training (Employee Working at height, Lifting and driving safety, etc)
- Participate and/or support others with incident investigations, including follow-up actions to ensure implementation of identified corrective actions.
- Assist the ESHS Manager and ESHS team with other tasks as required.
Skills, Qualifications, and Attributes
- Diploma or certificates in Occupational Safety, and Health, or related field required (OSHA, IOSH, or NEBOSH)
- 5-7 years of experience in a similar capacity as a Safety Engineer (Experience in hydropower will be an added advantage)
- Intermediate computer skills especially in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, email)
- Experience in managing multitasks and multiple priorities within time frames
- Good written and communication skills in English, Swahili, and Kinyarwanda
- Ability to work autonomously & within a team
Workplace: Rwanda at Rusumo, Border to Tanzania
Terms and Conditions
Please Note: that All Jobs and Opportunities Published on mucuruzi.com are completely free to apply. A candidate should never pay any fee during the recruitment Process. Even if mucuruzi.com does its best to avoid any scam job or opportunity offer, a job seeker or an opportunity seeker is 100% responsible of applying at his own risk.
Check well before applying, if you doubt about the eligibility of any offer do not apply and notifie to mucuruzi.com via this email: email@example.com and remember to never pay any fee to have a job or get any opportunity, if you do so, do it at your own risk.