Executive Director at NOUSPR-UBUMUNTU: (Deadline 28 January 2022)
NOUSPR-UBUMUNTU Recruitment announcements
NOUSPR-UBUMUNTU is an organization that advocates for people with psychosocial disabilities, it serves as platform for them to raise their voice to demand for services and rights that other citizens get. People with psychosocial Disabilities have, since time immemorial been faced with various challenges of being un heard, feared, misconceived as violent, evil possessed, dangerous, harmful and non-productive.
A world in which all people with psychosocial disabilities are treated with the respect and dignity that enables them to enjoy their human rights in all aspects of their lives. Immemorial been faced with various challenges of being un heard, feared, misconceived as violent, evil possessed, dangerous, harmful and non-productive.
To advocate for and with people with psychosocial disability and to provide a platform for a unified and empowered voice that is able to achieve the provision of necessary services and opportunities and to have their interests and human rights fully promoted and protected
Dignity, Respect, Honesty, Integrity, and transparency
NOUSPR-UBUMUNTU is currently advitisizing its two vacant positions as detailed below:
Position 1: Executive Director
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES FOR EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
Executive Director Job Description
Also known as chief executive officers or executive managers, executive directors are tasked with creating business plans, overseeing day-to-day activities, improving performance, developing organizational culture, supervising heads of departments, reporting on revenue, and directing organizational strategy.
Executive Director Job Description Template
We are seeking a self-driven and highly competent executive director to lead and influence our organization towards favorable growth, and to design and direct strategies that support and enhance our organizational operations. Duties for the executive director will include managing company assets, optimizing financial operations, providing leadership to all staff, establishing business goals, ensuring tax compliance, advising the board of directors on organizational activities, overseeing and streamlining daily operations, improving staff performance, and executing special business projects. Your exceptional stewardship and strategic planning skills as an executive director will aid our organization in promoting our mission and objectives, maintaining positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders, achieving organizational goals, and maintaining sound financial practices.
The ideal candidate must possess a strong entrepreneurial drive, outstanding communication skills, strong leadership qualities, and good planning and organizational skills. The exceptional executive director should streamline our organizational operations, effectively and efficiently direct operational budgets, improve revenue, direct our business strategy, and enhance relations with the media, internal stakeholders, staff, and surrounding communities.
Executive Director Responsibilities summarized;
- Developing and directing organizational strategy.
- Drafting organizational policies and philosophies.
- Overseeing day-to-day business activities.
- Conducting performance reviews.
- Preparing comprehensive budgets.
- Reporting on revenue and expenditure.
- Engaging with community groups.
- Creating sound business plans.
- Coaching department heads.
- Overseeing financial accounts.
- Should be understanding or having enough knowledge on disability rights especially in psychosocial disability.
- Staff management skills
- Having experience in project management especially project proposal writing and negotiating
- Having worked with persons with disabilities is an added advantage
Executive Director Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree with a proven experience of 2-4 years of experience or Masters in business administration or project management.
- Having knowledge in Financial management experience.
- Highly organized.
- Project management experience.
- Highly ethical behavior.
- Effective communicator.
- Fluent in English and excellent in writing. Being conversant in French would be an additional advantage.
- Motivational skills.
- In-depth knowledge of financial practices.
- Public relations and marketing knowledge.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
Position 2: Accountant
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES FOR ACCOUNTANT.
- Take ownership of the day-to-day operations of the Accounting/Finance department and maintain the integrity of the general ledger at all times.
- Supervise and review all balance sheet recons and supporting schedules (including bank statements, fixed assets, accruals, prepayments, deferred revenue, and maintain an audit file to support financial numbers.
- Process monthly payroll.
- Prepare and submit monthly/yearly returns (PAYE, RSSB, WHT, etc.) in line with Rwandan law.
- Ensure timely payments of all invoices for NOUSPR in line with established donor and organizational financial procedures and regulations.
- Ensuring proper documentation of payment vouchers and all other supporting documents.
- Process for payment and maintain individual staff mission expenditure; advances and balances.
- Keep and maintain daily updates of all the required NOUSPR’s books of accounts, records, inventory, and files in order and all financial transactions captured and entered in SAGE accounting software.
- Provide support with filing and administration of financial procedures.
- Undertake timely preparation of bank and petty cash reconciliations.
- Prepare documentation and audit files for project audits done by external auditors and participate in verifying partner expenditure.
- Support in partner sub-contracting agreements and partner financial assessments when required.
- Supporting financial statement audits and special reporting to donors
- Liaise with banks, tax authority, and other relevant external parties.
- Assist Project manager in Preparation of the annual budget and advice him/her in spend up.
- Such other duties in respect of the origination as may be reasonably assigned by Executive Director.
- At least Bachelor’s degree level in accounting Or Finance.
- 1-3 years’ experience in Accounting or Finance preferably in Local NGOs. Having worked with persons with disabilities is an added advantage
- Strongly proficient with Microsoft Office, especially Excel and working knowledge of accounting software (SAGE 100) would be a definite advantage.
- High level of written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to interact effectively at various levels.
- Ability to manage time and prioritizing tasks to a high standard to meet deadlines (capability to deal with several projects in parallel).
- Excellent knowledge of compliance and regulatory environment in Rwanda
Note: For both positions, Female and persons with disabilities candidates are encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates and fulfilling the requirements should send their hard copy applications including motivation letter, CV with 3 professional referees, and academic documents to NOUSPR office located in Kimihurura Sector, Rugando Cell at KG 6, Av 72 in Gasasa Village, not later January 28, 2022; latest 4h00 PM or 16h00.
Terms and Conditions
Please Note: that All Jobs and Opportunities Published on mucuruzi.com are completely free to apply. A candidate should never pay any fee during the recruitment Process. Even if mucuruzi.com does its best to avoid any scam job or opportunity offer, a job seeker or an opportunity seeker is 100% responsible of applying at his own risk.
Check well before applying, if you doubt about the eligibility of any offer do not apply and notifie to mucuruzi.com via this email: email@example.com and remember to never pay any fee to have a job or get any opportunity, if you do so, do it at your own risk.