Facebook AI Research Internship – Remote: (Deadline 31 July 2021)
Applications call for Facebook AI Research Internship. This internship has a minimum 12-week duration. They have openings in Menlo Park, New York, Seattle, and Pittsburgh offices. Internships will be awarded on a rolling basis and candidates are encouraged to apply early. Applicants are expected to be pursuing a PhD in one of the areas listed above; outstanding Masters and Bachelor students may also be considered.
Intern on this Facebook AI Research Internship will
- Perform research to advance the science and technology of intelligent machines.
- Perform research that enables learning the semantics of data (images, video, text, audio, and other modalities).
- Devise better data-driven models of human behavior.
- Contribute research that can be applied to Facebook product development.
- Currently has, or is in the process of obtaining, a degree (PhD, Masters, or Bachelors with relevant research experience) in Computer Science or related field.
- Must obtain work authorization in country of employment at the time of hire and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment.
- Publications or experience in machine learning, AI, computer vision, optimization, computer science, statistics, applied mathematics, or data science.
- Experience solving analytical problems using quantitative approaches.
- Ability to manipulate and analyze complex, large scale, high-dimensionality data from varying sources.
- Experience in utilizing theoretical and empirical research to solve problems.
- Ability to communicate complex research in a clear, precise, and actionable manner.
- Knowledge in C, C++, Python, Lua or other related programming language.
- Experience building systems based on machine learning and/or deep learning methods.
- Intent to return to degree-program after the completion of the internship/co-op.
Facebook, Inc. is an American social media and technology company based in Menlo Park, California. It was founded by Mark Zuckerberg, along with fellow Harvard College students and roommates Eduardo Saverin, Andrew McCollum, Dustin Moskovitz, and Chris Hughes, originally as TheFacebook.com—today’s Facebook, popular global social networking website. It is one of the Big Four technology companies along with Amazon, Apple, and Google. Facebook is one of the world’s most valuable companies. Facebook offers other products and services.