Finance Administrative Officer at Mennonite Central Committee (MCC): (Deadline 31 December 2021)
Job title: Finance Administrative Officer
Responsible to: MCC Rwanda-Burundi Co-Representatives
Mennonite Central Committee (MCC) is a worldwide ministry of Anabaptist churches. MCC is a global, nonprofit organization that strives to share God’s love and compassion for all through relief, development, and peace. In all our programs we are committed to relationships with our local partners and churches. As an Anabaptist organization, we strive to make peace a part of everything we do.
The Finance Administrative Officer position is a full-time employment opportunity, based in Kigali Rwanda.
- Enter financial transaction data in FASWin, MCC’s accounting software
- Generate FASWin monthly financial reports
- Pay bills at businesses and conduct transactions at the bank
- Manage incoming and outcoming online bank transfers, including currency exchanges at MCC bank accounts in Rwanda and Burundi
- Disburse grant tranches to partners and maintain tranche confirmation register
- Produce monthly fund requests to MCC for Rep submission to headquarters
- Complete monthly tax submissions to RRA
- Manage staff pay, tax, and benefit records, including tax IDs and payroll register.
- Keep track of changes in Rwandan tax law and immediately update Reps of changes
- Draft quarterly budget comparisons
- Double check all financial reports from Rwandan project partners
- Conduct partner financial reviews
- Compile materials requested for year-end reporting and audits
- Produce annual financial reports to RRA for Rep submission
- Document office procedures and update information
- Manage office cash box and advances to staff
- Maintain office financial records and paper files
- Support program project data entry (especially partner financial reports) in PlanWin database
- Provide logistical support for MCC service workers, including for meetings and workshops, travel arrangements, and purchases of office supplies
- Receive visitors and respond to inquiries
- Be responsible for office security procedures to protect people and property
- Communicate in French with partners in Burundi (including occasionally helping check the Reps’ written communications in French.)
- Provide oral and written Kinyarwanda-French-English translation as needed.
- Perform other duties as requested.
- Finance raining at a university degree level with at least 2 years of experience in the INGO sector
- CPA certification a strong plus
- Familiarity with Rwanda Revenue Authority tax regulations
- Competent in use of Microsoft Office, particularly advanced Excel
- Teamwork, Integrity, Sensitivity to diversity, Flexibility and adaptability, Initiative and Interpersonal skills
- Fluent in written and spoken English, Kinyarwanda, and French
- Committed to Christian faith as demonstrated through participation in a church community.
- Committed to MCC values of peace and justice.
Would you like to join us?
Interested candidates should submit their curriculum vitae and academic records, with a cover letter that explains why they are interested in the position and highlights the personal attributes which make them well-suited for the role.
Responses will be provided to shortlisted candidates only. If you do not hear from MCC by 31 Jan. 2022, consider your application unsuccessful.
Terms and Conditions
Please Note: that All Jobs and Opportunities Published on mucuruzi.com are completely free to apply. A candidate should never pay any fee during the recruitment Process. Even if mucuruzi.com does its best to avoid any scam job or opportunity offer, a job seeker or an opportunity seeker is 100% responsible of applying at his own risk.
Check well before applying, if you doubt about the eligibility of any offer do not apply and notifie to mucuruzi.com via this email: firstname.lastname@example.org and remember to never pay any fee to have a job or get any opportunity, if you do so, do it at your own risk.